This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We are going to recycle a bunch of old computers... Should we wipe memory first?

#11LordSeiferPosted 7/13/2014 2:32:46 PM
drink posted...
Izicial posted...
If your disassembling the hard drives then no don't worry about it because no one's going to be able to get the info once it's apart.

You troll'in or do you really believe that?

the NSA isnt going through the garbage dump looking for his info.

while getting data off a smashed harddrive is technically possibly, no one is going to bother doing it unless you are paying them thousands of dollars
---
^ this
#12PhilOnDezPosted 7/13/2014 2:38:46 PM
Yeah, data recovery on a physically damaged drive is expensive to the point that nobody's going to bother with it unless they know for a fact something's on it that's going to make it worth their while.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13SneakiestNegPosted 7/13/2014 3:15:36 PM
Quick format and a big hammer should do it. Fun for kids!
#14chase1234lifePosted 7/13/2014 5:37:42 PM
almightydun posted...
The_Count_Foo posted...
If it was for a business and has info you don't want people getting or something you can use programs that replace every 1 with a 0 so it basically wipes it clean. Dban is one off the top of my head. Or go with the easy way of just breaking them with a hammer beyond repair.

This technique has the adde benefit of being fun :) you could also hit your local hardware store and shell out a few dollars for a nice magnet to wipe the drives.

Or you could do something as equally stupid as laying a car speaker on top of it. :)

:(
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life