This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for an RPG that meets these requirements.

#1BendoHendoPosted 7/13/2014 1:52:57 PM
I kinda have a specific type of game I'm into.

Basically:
-Not first person, but not exactly 3rd person too, like over the shoulder.
-Stats, but not too statistically significant to the point of affecting the way the game plays too much
-Can make characters but not the characters actually in the story that interact with the player
-lengthy campaign, but not TOO long, to the point of drawing out.
-Able to use some weapons, but not the most dangerous kind until the player reachers a certain merit in the game, so it's not too easy.

--
#2almightydunPosted 7/13/2014 2:03:20 PM
I recommend Dark Souls. Hits all your points.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#3HanzohPosted 7/13/2014 2:32:02 PM
Dark souls is a great recommendation.
How about Mass Effect?
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 7/13/2014 2:37:36 PM(edited)
Divinity 2 (not Divinity Original Sin) would be my top choice to fit this list

other RPGs that fit this list (of varying qualities) are:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Dark Souls (and 2). Gothic series (excellent series overall), Fable series, Jade Empire, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (git nao), some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
#5nickizgr8Posted 7/13/2014 2:40:32 PM
People recommending dark souls obviously have poor reading comprehension did you not read the second requirement. It's campaign is also very short. I beat DS2 in 12 hours. A good 4 hours was probably spent doing jumping *puzzles* because the jumping physics are laughable bad in 2.

Back to topic. Does it matter how old the RPG is. Does it have to modernish?
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#6AnimorganimatePosted 7/13/2014 2:42:17 PM
The Dark Souls series and Divinity II are great choices.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#7almightydunPosted 7/13/2014 2:48:41 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
People recommending dark souls obviously have poor reading comprehension did you not read the second requirement. It's campaign is also very short. I beat DS2 in 12 hours. A good 4 hours was probably spent doing jumping *puzzles* because the jumping physics are laughable bad in 2.

Back to topic. Does it matter how old the RPG is. Does it have to modernish?

? Is this supposed to be some kind of brag post? Dark souls 2 takes 30-40 hours to play EASY. Yes you can do it in much less hell i did a no death no bonfire run in 4:25 but that is NOT the norm at all. I believe it fits TC description EXACTLY having a good length campaign that does not get tedious or drawn out.

And there is like almost no area where jumping is required at all. Seriously, i don't think you HAVE to jump even one time....
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#8Linctagon7Posted 7/13/2014 2:55:31 PM
Knights of The Old Republic.
Knights of The Old Republic 2.
Fallout: NV Third Person.
---
"He tried to choke someone out but there were too many. Tried to kick-box but they had weapons. And then tapped but there was no ref on the street."
#9CELTEKKPosted 7/13/2014 3:10:14 PM
You have to jump in DS2. Those ****ing Turtle Knights taking out the bridge in the fiery Iron Keep or whatever the **** that nightmare of an area is called.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#10SilentHawk29Posted 7/13/2014 3:14:42 PM
almightydun posted...

? Is this supposed to be some kind of brag post? Dark souls 2 takes 30-40 hours to play EASY. Yes you can do it in much less hell i did a no death no bonfire run in 4:25 but that is NOT the norm at all. I believe it fits TC description EXACTLY having a good length campaign that does not get tedious or drawn out.

And there is like almost no area where jumping is required at all. Seriously, i don't think you HAVE to jump even one time....

Reading that makes me think he hasn't played the game.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg