This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for an RPG that meets these requirements.

#11uped145Posted 7/13/2014 3:20:29 PM
Am I the only one that thinks of Mass Effect 2 and 3?

When TC said over the shoulder those were the first things that came to mind.
#12HamBurglar69Posted 7/13/2014 3:21:10 PM
Perhaps not quite over the shoulder, more top-down view, but Dragon Age: Origins? It can be hard at times but depending on what difficulty you have it set on and/or by following a guide it can be a breeze.
---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/tumblr_mpjakcPyVC1rvua2oo1_500.gif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/margaery-tyrell.gif
#13almightydunPosted 7/13/2014 3:40:08 PM
CELTEKK posted...
You have to jump in DS2. Those ****ing Turtle Knights taking out the bridge in the fiery Iron Keep or whatever the **** that nightmare of an area is called.

Yes the 2 turtle knight spot along the bridge can be a jump spot. Unless you aggro them with arrows and kill them on the platform the second one will not break the floor.

Although kudos for the reference that is the only spot jumping is "required" and even then it really isn't
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#14almightydunPosted 7/13/2014 3:41:59 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
almightydun posted...

? Is this supposed to be some kind of brag post? Dark souls 2 takes 30-40 hours to play EASY. Yes you can do it in much less hell i did a no death no bonfire run in 4:25 but that is NOT the norm at all. I believe it fits TC description EXACTLY having a good length campaign that does not get tedious or drawn out.

And there is like almost no area where jumping is required at all. Seriously, i don't think you HAVE to jump even one time....

Reading that makes me think he hasn't played the game.

Not sure what you are referencing here.... As I have beaten the game over a dozen times and have logged about 300 hours in. (Not too hardcore as i lost interest due to SM matchmaking)
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#15SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/13/2014 3:44:18 PM
BendoHendo posted...
I kinda have a specific type of game I'm into.

Basically:
-Not first person, but not exactly 3rd person too, like over the shoulder.
-Stats, but not too statistically significant to the point of affecting the way the game plays too much
-Can make characters but not the characters actually in the story that interact with the player
-lengthy campaign, but not TOO long, to the point of drawing out.
-Able to use some weapons, but not the most dangerous kind until the player reachers a certain merit in the game, so it's not too easy.

--

Icewind Dale 2
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#16Z_hunter91Posted 7/13/2014 3:54:56 PM
The Gothic and Risen series meet most of your requiremens as far as I can tell.
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#17YoungAdultLinkPosted 7/13/2014 4:06:06 PM
almightydun posted...
CELTEKK posted...
You have to jump in DS2. Those ****ing Turtle Knights taking out the bridge in the fiery Iron Keep or whatever the **** that nightmare of an area is called.

Yes the 2 turtle knight spot along the bridge can be a jump spot. Unless you aggro them with arrows and kill them on the platform the second one will not break the floor.

Although kudos for the reference that is the only spot jumping is "required" and even then it really isn't

You can also just bum rush them and run by before he smashes the bridge. But then you have two angry iron shells behind you and a knight firing his bow at you.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#18nickizgr8Posted 7/14/2014 4:22:59 PM
almightydun posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
People recommending dark souls obviously have poor reading comprehension did you not read the second requirement. It's campaign is also very short. I beat DS2 in 12 hours. A good 4 hours was probably spent doing jumping *puzzles* because the jumping physics are laughable bad in 2.

Back to topic. Does it matter how old the RPG is. Does it have to modernish?

? Is this supposed to be some kind of brag post? Dark souls 2 takes 30-40 hours to play EASY. Yes you can do it in much less hell i did a no death no bonfire run in 4:25 but that is NOT the norm at all. I believe it fits TC description EXACTLY having a good length campaign that does not get tedious or drawn out.

And there is like almost no area where jumping is required at all. Seriously, i don't think you HAVE to jump even one time....

I wouldn't call running back to the same boss/area over and over again content. If anything it's tedious.

Also there are a few places where you need to jump to, to get items. If were not going to include them I guess we can also not include all the optional bosses in the game. We can also not include playing online because yet again totally optional.

Your also missing a big point TC stated. He didn't want stats affecting his play style. Except that's exactly what happens in DS.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#19HighOnPhazonPosted 7/14/2014 5:10:00 PM
TC is fishing for someone to recommend Divinity:Original Sin
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#20BendoHendo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 5:20:29 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
TC is fishing for someone to recommend Divinity:Original Sin

ITT: D:OS is over the shoulder.

--