This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why esports will never be considered sports.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why esports will never be considered sports.
1 year ago#51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yREbTCBw-g

SPORTS!
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
1 year ago#52
noice b8 m8
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
1 year ago#53
so what happens when someone who isn't fat says that gaming could be considered a sport?
1 year ago#54
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
ajko000 posted...
Google IdrA.

Dude is buff.

http://wireninja.com/starcraft2/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/idra.jpg

If that's considered buff, I'm a damn freak beast.

http://static.hltv.org/images/galleries/5953-medium/1394985822.7562.jpeg

What about these guys?
1 year ago#55
harcoreblazer posted...
Am i the only one who noticed this is more like a "Let's make fun of fat people" topic rather than a eSports debate one?

I don't see a problem.
1 year ago#56
sport
noun
"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

I'm sorry but if you get "physically exerted" by playing a video game then please, go to a hospital right away, you're probably on your death bed.

Anybody can be good at a video game, not everybody can run 100m in 6 seconds, be a UFC fighter, Swim or cycle miles. They take years and devote their entire life to sports, they;re athletes. E-sports will never be considered a sport, and if it is it'll be on the same level as curling: completely useless and why am I watching this.

inb4rage
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
1 year ago#57
Why do they need to be sports? They are eSports... Literally, an electronic simulation of sports. There is nothing wrong with that.

There are different definitions of sports out there, and maybe eSports are a sport in some people's definition. That is fine, but why do we care? Personally, I call video games a game, just like a consider competitive chess a game. I even consider golf a game.
---
My goal now is to play a lot more Doom. I feel I haven't played enough Doom. - Bobby Fischer
Favorite released games of 2014: Tower of Guns, Titanfall
1 year ago#58
unknowninfo775 posted...
sport
noun
"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

I'm sorry but if you get "physically exerted" by playing a video game then please, go to a hospital right away, you're probably on your death bed.

Anybody can be good at a video game, not everybody can run 100m in 6 seconds, be a UFC fighter, Swim or cycle miles. They take years and devote their entire life to sports, they;re athletes. E-sports will never be considered a sport, and if it is it'll be on the same level as curling: completely useless and why am I watching this.

inb4rage

what's funny is they use this same argument against racecar drivers, in that case it's a logical fallacy, they assume, how they drive is how racecar drivers drive and thus makes it an easy task

just like that logical fallacy, just because most of us take it easy when it comes to gaming, doesn't mean it doesn't take dedication to get good at gaming, i'll openly contest gaming as a sport of any kind other than that of bowling, billiards, and curling, they are more like activities that can require high levels of dexterity and skill, but they aren't physically taxing unless you do it for long periods of time
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
1 year ago#59
unknowninfo775 posted...
sport
noun

inb4rage

Not everyone can come up with strategies that work well in RTS games or coordinate teams in FPS games either. That takes just as much skill as being an athlete, just a different type of skill.
1 year ago#60
You guys can call esports, golf or racing whatever you want...I don't mind. Below is how I naturally refer to things.

Soccer = Sport
Figure Skating = Judged Competition
Gymnastics = Judged Competition
Chess = Game
Esports = Game
Golf = Game
NASCAR = Race

That's just me..
---
My goal now is to play a lot more Doom. I feel I haven't played enough Doom. - Bobby Fischer
Favorite released games of 2014: Tower of Guns, Titanfall
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why esports will never be considered sports.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived