This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should play Divinity : Original Sin

#11NingishzidaPosted 7/13/2014 11:43:39 PM
The-Dilemma posted...
Ningishzida posted...
I like how you pretentiously said "empirical knowledge" on a video game msg board.

lol you're like a caricature

Glad I amuse you. Now run along, the adults are speaking.
#12AskeladdPosted 7/13/2014 11:54:20 PM
Ningishzida posted...
The-Dilemma posted...
Ningishzida posted...
I like how you pretentiously said "empirical knowledge" on a video game msg board.

lol you're like a caricature

Glad I amuse you. Now run along, the adults are speaking.

Where?
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#13phy2jshPosted 7/14/2014 12:16:36 AM
The-Dilemma posted...
Ningishzida posted...
If I wanted to read the link, I would have off my own back.

Merely posting the thoughts of others is dumb.

But then, passion often overrides reason. I find fanboyism of a game is inversely proportional to knowledge of it.

As Einstein said, if you can't explain something yourself, you don't understand it.

I like how you're using that Einstein quote that concerns itself with pure empirical knowledge while talking about opinions about a video game on a topic on a video game message board.

Criticises other people's lack of original thought by quoting Einstein!? Classic.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#14phy2jshPosted 7/14/2014 12:17:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15Dollarman_2005Posted 7/14/2014 1:32:24 AM
I tried.

I got bored having to read everything and not having things like vendors being displayed clearly. I got maybe 20 minutes in. If you can't captivate a player in the first half hour, you did your game wrong.

It has archaic tones that older gamers miss but that doesn't mean it's fun for people who want a deep RPG feel without all the nonsense.
#16leon_trunksPosted 7/14/2014 1:34:47 AM
One question before I buy. Will a Macbook air mid 2013 with 4gb ram be able to run this game?...in low-med?

I also have a laptop with GTX 670m and 6gb ram if it can't but its my brother's so I would need to ask him.
#17ClashtonnPosted 7/14/2014 1:47:41 AM
leon_trunks posted...
One question before I buy. Will a Macbook air mid 2013 with 4gb ram be able to run this game?...in low-med?

I also have a laptop with GTX 670m and 6gb ram if it can't but its my brother's so I would need to ask him.

My macbook air runs it fine. I don't game on it but I tested it out because I was out of town last week.
#18BornIn1142Posted 7/14/2014 1:49:32 AM
I like what I'm hearing about this game, but I'm worried that I'm not hearing anything about, say, cool and memorable characters. The mechanics seem to be complex and interesting, sure, but what about the writing?
---
Look! It's Enrico Palazzo!
#19ClashtonnPosted 7/14/2014 2:02:19 AM
BornIn1142 posted...
I like what I'm hearing about this game, but I'm worried that I'm not hearing anything about, say, cool and memorable characters. The mechanics seem to be complex and interesting, sure, but what about the writing?

Above average but nothing spectacular.

It's not Planescape Torment or Fallout 2. but it's certainly better than say, JRPGs.
#20CatToyPosted 7/14/2014 2:11:56 AM
BornIn1142 posted...

Frankly the best characters are the animals. If you play it, take the Pet Pal talent (which lets you converse with animals) because they have the best dialogue. Everyone else isn't bad, just not very memorable.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.