This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can games discontinued disapaear from your steam list? my list went from 210-207

#1Trance_FanPosted 7/14/2014 8:42:15 AM
could it be timed beta or trials? demos? removed discontinued games that i have already purchased? v_v
---
i think it's nice
#2SnadadosPosted 7/14/2014 8:47:17 AM
Could have been a few games doing a free weekend.
I see games do free weekends that automatically get added to my list of games and automatically go away when the event is over.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#3jake-sfPosted 7/14/2014 8:51:47 AM
Yeah, trial games get added and remove out of nowhere.

Games can be discontinued and stop appearing in the shop, but Steam never stopped anyone from downloading and playing them if they bought them before, as far as I know.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#4codyorrPosted 7/14/2014 9:37:36 AM
jake-sf posted...
Yeah, trial games get added and remove out of nowhere.

Games can be discontinued and stop appearing in the shop, but Steam never stopped anyone from downloading and playing them if they bought them before, as far as I know.
#5Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 7/14/2014 11:05:10 AM(edited)
They just recently removed all of the Civilization series bugged duplicates (finally)... so there's another possibility.
#6snkboiPosted 7/14/2014 11:06:01 AM
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
They just recently removed all of the Civilization series bugged duplicates (finally)... so there's another possibility.

i still have mine on the list, it's probably trial games that got removed
i still have my classic doom and quake on my list and all of those are discontinued from the store
---
i think it's nice
#7Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 7/14/2014 11:11:05 AM(edited)
snkboi posted...
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...

i still have mine on the list, it's probably trial games that got removed
i still have my classic doom and quake on my list and all of those are discontinued from the store

Hmm, wonder why mine vanished then... lucky me. <edit> Apparently they're removed in beta version only, and some people are saying they have their entire games removed. So.. still lucky me.
#8MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/14/2014 11:14:05 AM
I WISH they'd do this for me. I still have the L4D2 beta (which I don't care about), Dota 2 beta (never even played dota 2), Chivalry beta (only played chivalry once), and the America's Army beta (also only played once). Wish I could get this crap out of my library.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#9SpazH3dPosted 7/14/2014 11:21:55 AM
Random protip: Free weekend games that you have installed will not get removed from your HDD when they expire.
---
- My vision is augmented
#10qeoijlijwPosted 7/14/2014 11:34:48 AM
that's what happens when you post bs and no sources