This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About Divinity: Original Sin

#11Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/19/2014 4:09:25 PM
1618dude posted...
I really hate turn-based rpg games... but I heard many good things about the game and I liked Divine Divinity and Divinity 2, so maybe I'll try it out.
I have some good hopes for Pillars of Eternity though. Icewind 1/2 and Baldur's Gate 1/2 are one of my favorite games and I enjoy RTWP rpgs.

You can tell this one is clueless when he doesn't know that RTWP is turn-based.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#12DaedalusExPosted 7/19/2014 4:15:26 PM
1618dude posted...
I really hate turn-based rpg games... I enjoy RTWP rpgs.

Isn't turn-based just RTWP with mandatory pauses?
#131618dudePosted 7/19/2014 4:17:52 PM(edited)
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
1618dude posted...
I really hate turn-based rpg games... but I heard many good things about the game and I liked Divine Divinity and Divinity 2, so maybe I'll try it out.
I have some good hopes for Pillars of Eternity though. Icewind 1/2 and Baldur's Gate 1/2 are one of my favorite games and I enjoy RTWP rpgs.

You can tell this one is clueless when he doesn't know that RTWP is turn-based.

hohoho what a smart little fellow you are! so the gameplay is the same? are you saying that pausing the game while having to control multiple members of the party at the same time and stuff plays the same, -tell me this!- the same fricking way like a turn based game like XCOM and stuff where you make your action and wait for the enemy finish his turn? is that what you are saying, you very, very SMART man?

you can tell this one is clueless... congratulations interwebs warrior. you wins the internets! give me a break... go pester someone else.

sorry, didn't mean say like that, but you sound quite clueless.
#14leon_trunksPosted 7/19/2014 10:10:33 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
1618dude posted...
I really hate turn-based rpg games... I enjoy RTWP rpgs.

Isn't turn-based just RTWP with mandatory pauses?

not at all. In turn based, your character gets to move around pretty much 'unhindered' and only gets attacked when the enemy pleases. In pause based games your character will be attacked WHILE moving around.
#15NingishzidaPosted 7/19/2014 10:13:48 PM
Keep the absurd definitions of turn-based coming guys, this is hilarious.
#16ChromaticAngelPosted 7/19/2014 10:32:28 PM
I cannot believe people actually believe RTWP is turn based or even remotely similar to turn based, what bizarro dimension do you hail from?
---
RPG Spotlight: Avadon 2: The Corruption http://www.gog.com/game/avadon_2_the_corruption
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/bRprvvKn
#17ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 10:36:49 PM
I only made this thread to add to the clutter. Shut up and go away.