This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your preferred operating system?

#31Treason686Posted 7/14/2014 7:26:03 PM
I much prefer Linux. Over the summer break, I've had too much free time so I have used Windows most for games.

Next month, it will be back to Linux full time.
---
I <3 segfault
#32nightshadeAPosted 7/14/2014 7:37:45 PM
what no BASIC? or whatever the c64 mess called its self ...... i miss the days of making my own games lol or buying the "101 games inside" books which sounded cool til you realised you were typing for hours for maybe 30 minutes of game play heh

Thats when i decided that if i got into making games id be the idea guy and not the code monkey,,,,,,,
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#33MaxCHEATER64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 7:43:53 PM
nightshadeA posted...
what no BASIC? or whatever the c64 mess called its self ...... i miss the days of making my own games lol or buying the "101 games inside" books which sounded cool til you realised you were typing for hours for maybe 30 minutes of game play heh

Thats when i decided that if i got into making games id be the idea guy and not the code monkey,,,,,,,

Hey bro making if/then text games in BASIC was probably the highlight of my life
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#34Orestes417Posted 7/14/2014 7:47:23 PM
BASIC wasn't an OS.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#35MaxCHEATER64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 8:04:13 PM
Orestes417 posted...
BASIC wasn't an OS.

doesn't mean it wasn't the highlight of my life
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#36codyorrPosted 7/15/2014 5:18:51 AM
I started out on MACs at school. Then in 1996 we bought a real computer. Gateway 2000 with a raging 75 MHz.
#37NejiHyuga900Posted 7/15/2014 7:12:58 AM
Windows 7.
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#38petran78Posted 7/15/2014 7:22:17 AM
acangial posted...
Because I am a gamer and been using DOS and Windows forever, I obviously prefer using it. However, the XP and Vista days were brutal.
Win 7 on the other hand is a solid OS.

I find the Windows 95 era to be much worse. Cant remember how many times I had to reinstall the OS. fortunately most good titles were DOS based. by the time Windows 98 SE got popular and stable, most games switched to Windows.

Unfortunately Windows XP dropped Windows 98 and DOS compatibility, so I had to start gaming anew. DOS emulators werent that advanced back then
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#39GoldninjaPosted 7/15/2014 8:56:49 AM
Would consider switching to Linux if it had better driver support. When you can't even get Netflix working on the thing without jumping through a hundred hoops (and even then, it doesn't work well), then Id rather just stick ti Windows. And yeah, I know its a drm issue, but still.

Sound card worked considerably worse without proper drivers. Games are obviously an issue. Etc.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#40HaganPosted 7/15/2014 9:01:24 AM
Windows 7, but why no SteamOS option? :-)
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR