This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity: Original Sin markedly worse than FF7.

#11NeninaPosted 7/14/2014 3:17:48 PM
FF7 has the rose tint and backfire effect.
#12DiehardFFv2Posted 7/14/2014 3:22:03 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
FF7 was always trash. Poorly translated, very ugly trash.

This guy are sick.
---
3570k | GTX 770 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
#13GeminiX7Posted 7/14/2014 3:24:56 PM
FF7 is constantly lambasted on forums other than it's actual game forum, yet it is somehow also overrated with "tons of obnoxious fans". Gotta love GameFAQs, "Chemical Toilet of the Internet"
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#14ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/14/2014 3:29:17 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
FF7 is constantly lambasted on forums other than it's actual game forum, yet it is somehow also overrated with "tons of obnoxious fans".

Do you not understand how that can be? Are you being serious?
#15shdwdrgnixPosted 7/14/2014 3:36:06 PM
so much bias towards FF7, it's easily one of the worst FF ever made, you could release it right now and it would come nowhere near a masterpiece like Divinity: Original Sin
#16DiviDudePosted 7/14/2014 3:40:03 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
so much bias towards FF7, it's easily one of the worst FF ever made, you could release it right now and it would come nowhere near a masterpiece like Divinity: Original Sin

If anything, the bias is against FF7 these days. It was overrated before, and now people are overcompensating by unfairly dumping on it. Eventually I suspect the two forces will wane and it'll settle into "pretty good" territory, where it probably should be.
#17ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/14/2014 3:41:21 PM
DiviDude posted...
If anything, the bias is against FF7 these days. It was overrated before, and now people are overcompensating by unfairly dumping on it. Eventually I suspect the two forces will wane and it'll settle into "pretty good" territory, where it probably should be.

It's not "pretty good". It never was.

People were children when it came out, so they praise it just like children today praise Bioshock Infinite. They think it's so much more thought provoking than it really is.
#18Dukaduka1k82Posted 7/14/2014 3:46:09 PM
5 point spread on Meta, 85+ rated game. Lower scored game must be absolute and horrible garbage.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#19arleasPosted 7/14/2014 4:40:45 PM
FF7 was a fun game. I enjoyed it. It was not the second coming of Christ in Videogame form and did not give me multiple orgasms. Also, it did not murder my family and violate my family pet.

I'm guessing that since I didn't play it for the first time as a 12 year old, my perspective isn't as skewed. I also made sure to wait until the hype died down so I wouldn't be let down by unrealistic expectations.

Unfortunately that also meant that I had the major plot points spoiled for me multiple times, mostly from Gamefaqs. :I

I'm actually very interested in Divinity:Original Sin, but hype is strong still and I'd rather not be influenced by it, so I'll probably pick it up in the same time frame I picked up FF7 (which was 2-3 years after it came out).

Hopefully gamefaqs won't spoil the ending or major plot points of that game as well.

But anyway... Metacritic scores.. LOL... even the user scores are skewed a bit, but if you used the user metacritic scores, D:OS is just a teensy bit better than FF7.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#20DiviDudePosted 7/14/2014 4:48:37 PM
arleas posted...
Hopefully gamefaqs won't spoil the ending or major plot points of that game as well.

Spoiler: the original sin was buttsex