This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gaming Hardware Market Worth $21.5 Billion

#11darkstar4221Posted 7/15/2014 5:43:52 AM(edited)
Englandfc1966 posted...
Only prebuilt PCs have been 'slumping'

doesn't sales also include individual components? I'm pretty sure it does.
#12AsellusPosted 7/15/2014 6:50:22 AM(edited)

Nope, just the big prebuilt system manufacturers. I'm sure it affects components on the level that they order them from their own suppliers but entry-level machines are unlikely to even have a video card. Both nVidia and AMD have indicated their video card business is booming.
#13Englandfc1966Posted 7/15/2014 7:02:55 AM(edited)
darkstar4221 posted...
Englandfc1966 posted...

I'm 100% certain you're wrong.
---
Steam: Buffalosoulja
#14darkstar4221Posted 7/15/2014 9:31:10 AM(edited)
Englandfc1966 posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
Englandfc1966 posted...

I'm 100% certain you're wrong.

Alright no need to rub it in I wasn't really certain about it anyways. I thought I read a link last year where it mentions all PC sales were slumping which also included individual components. I couldn't find the link though.
#15darkstar4221Posted 7/15/2014 9:45:32 AM
Asellus posted...

Nope, just the big prebuilt system manufacturers. I'm sure it affects components on the level that they order them from their own suppliers but entry-level machines are unlikely to even have a video card. Both nVidia and AMD have indicated their video card business is booming.

Most likely it's booming because if you want a gpu they are the only manufacturers to buy from.
#16AsucaHayashiPosted 7/15/2014 9:50:06 AM
what use is the PC gaming hardware market when the piracy rate for software is at 99% MIRITE LOLOLO!?!?!?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#17sonicteam2k1Posted 7/15/2014 10:01:25 AM
Pepys Monster posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
no way in hell consumers can simply shell out $1000 for a gaming rig

A $1000 gaming rig is mid end. Plenty of people can afford that.

yeah, my video card alone was $649.99
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#18clowningPosted 7/15/2014 10:06:28 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
Asellus posted...

Most likely it's booming because if you want a gpu they are the only manufacturers to buy from.

This makes no sense. We are talking about an industry, not about any given company. If you want to buy a video card, whether there are 2 companies or a thousand that make them, you are still buying one, and hence buying PC hardware.

The slumping sales, as other have correctly stated, are based on sales of pre-built computers, not separate parts.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#19SampsonMPosted 7/15/2014 10:10:49 AM
JohnMafia posted...
I think more people nowadays are building their own PCs. I know recent reports have said that prebuilt PC sales are slumping, but do they include PC parts too? I would think people who aren't all that savvy to build their own machines will probably rather spend $500 on a console than a pre built PC.

By the way claiming that someone making $10k a year should be able to afford a $1000 PC or just move to a cheaper place is one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet.

The percentage of custom built PCs has always been like less than 1% of the market.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#20darkstar4221Posted 7/15/2014 10:44:56 AM
SampsonM posted...
JohnMafia posted...
I think more people nowadays are building their own PCs. I know recent reports have said that prebuilt PC sales are slumping, but do they include PC parts too? I would think people who aren't all that savvy to build their own machines will probably rather spend $500 on a console than a pre built PC.

By the way claiming that someone making $10k a year should be able to afford a $1000 PC or just move to a cheaper place is one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet.

The percentage of custom built PCs has always been like less than 1% of the market.

I've heard this argument before, actually I argued about this in a similar topic last year. Guy's like Englandfc1966 and others who want to brag that the statistics don't include separate parts, it has little meaning to it.