This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Console War Is Over: The PC Already Won- Forbes

#81Mr_Fury32Posted 7/15/2014 5:06:47 PM
arleas posted...
Posting this here is just going to get console troll "LOL PC musterd rase reassurance topik" posts.

You should have posted it to the XBone and PS4 boards (if you haven't already).

no it wouldnt get modded, this gamefaqs, the mods PROMOTE that, while modding posts that are basically true...

how long till they prove me right? i reckon 20 minutes at most...
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#82cancerstormPosted 7/15/2014 5:10:04 PM
recollectmusic posted...
He seems to forget about how important the ridiculous pricing is, how you constantly have to upgrade a PC to keep up with the games

agreed

i trashed my sli 780tis the second titan z came out

7680x1440 or don't pc game at all
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#83almightydunPosted 7/15/2014 5:28:59 PM
Cllerj posted...
My PS4 and PS3 have been collecting dust since I built my PC.

Sadly this has been my experience. A DEDICATED console gamer for the last 24 years and now the PC I built for ~ $1000 CAD has changed a lifetime of bias. I feel like I am late to the party. But I brought a keg!
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#84dennis941012Posted 7/15/2014 5:34:56 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
PC is not part of console wars. Did you see gods being part of world war I and II?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/10/first-world-war-christmas-truce
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#85PolypherusPosted 7/15/2014 5:53:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG-7T2LVDc
#86PolypherusPosted 7/15/2014 5:59:17 PM
cancerstorm posted...
recollectmusic posted...
He seems to forget about how important the ridiculous pricing is, how you constantly have to upgrade a PC to keep up with the games

agreed

This is ridiculous, You dont have to upgrade constantly in order to catch up, I have been using the same specs for 18 months & I can play newly released games pretty well, & I did not need any hardware Upgrades at all.
#87otterguy12Posted 7/15/2014 7:00:01 PM
Thanks for the new sig Tyranius.
---
Only a Falcon Punch can break pure Nintendium.
"PC is not part of console wars. Did you see gods being part of world war I and II?" -Tyranius2
#88calcyclePosted 7/15/2014 7:32:31 PM
Polypherus posted...
cancerstorm posted...
recollectmusic posted...

agreed

This is ridiculous, You dont have to upgrade constantly in order to catch up, I have been using the same specs for 18 months & I can play newly released games pretty well, & I did not need any hardware Upgrades at all.

That's the point he was making.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#89SinisterSlayPosted 7/16/2014 6:45:08 AM
calcycle posted...
Polypherus posted...
cancerstorm posted...
recollectmusic posted...

agreed

That's the point he was making.

He forgot the /sarcasm
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#90TheMoonJumperPosted 7/16/2014 5:50:03 PM
Garage_Man posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
hi_polymer posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Are you claiming he's factually wrong anywhere? If so, where, and do you have evidence to back it up?

I never claimed he was wrong anywhere, merely that he was biased.

But his entire article doesn't actually 'prove' the title of his article. PC hardware superiority and cheaper games do not indicate a superior gaming library. Also, consoles may have inferior hardware but that is mitigated by the fact that their games are made with console hardware in mind, and can therefore be better optimized than their PC brethren.

In the past that was true, but this gen the consoles are based on x86 architecture for the first time and are just weak pc's. There's nothing to optimize.

Ps4 would like to have a word with you. Head over to digital foundry. Ps4 holds it's own again mid-high end PC hardware right now.

LOL, what?
---
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold