This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does smooth 120fps look like?

#31drinkPosted 7/15/2014 4:51:52 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
drink posted...
wizardmon posted...
http://youtu.be/PgHx3eMBXjI

Here.

Thats Hz, not FPS.

Hz is your monitor's refresh rate. You require 120 Hz to show 120 FPS. If you have a 60 Hz monitor, you cannot see more than 60 FPS, and I don't mean that in an "human eye can't see" bulls*** stance. I mean your hardware is physically limited to 60 FPS or less.

Now, you are correct that we did not get his benchmarks for CS:GO and don't actually know for certain that he was running 120 FPS, but I think he knows his system better than you do, and I'm going to go on a limb here and say he was probably running that stuff at 120 FPS.

Now, you are correct in that you require 120 Hz to show 120 FPS. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he was probably comparing Hz and not FPS because he said that he is comparing Hz. not FPS.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#32CELTEKKPosted 7/15/2014 5:00:24 PM
Go to a local TV outlet store and they will probably have 120Hz TVs on display. That's what it looks like.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#33DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/15/2014 5:59:57 PM
drink posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
drink posted...
wizardmon posted...

Here.

Thats Hz, not FPS.

Hz is your monitor's refresh rate. You require 120 Hz to show 120 FPS. If you have a 60 Hz monitor, you cannot see more than 60 FPS, and I don't mean that in an "human eye can't see" bulls*** stance. I mean your hardware is physically limited to 60 FPS or less.

Now, you are correct that we did not get his benchmarks for CS:GO and don't actually know for certain that he was running 120 FPS, but I think he knows his system better than you do, and I'm going to go on a limb here and say he was probably running that stuff at 120 FPS.

Now, you are correct in that you require 120 Hz to show 120 FPS. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he was probably comparing Hz and not FPS because he said that he is comparing Hz. not FPS.

hz is the number of frames per second your monitor displays. it is fps.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#34GarquillPosted 7/15/2014 6:04:05 PM(edited)
CELTEKK posted...
Go to a local TV outlet store and they will probably have 120Hz TVs on display. That's what it looks like.

those will be interpolated TVs which isn't actually 120hz. 120hz looks much better.

interpolated TVs make fake frames by combining real frames and shoving them between the real frames
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#35wizardmonPosted 7/16/2014 3:50:28 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
drink posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
drink posted...
wizardmon posted...

Here.

Thats Hz, not FPS.

hz is the number of frames per second your monitor displays. it is fps.

This is correct, also since it is a source game you should consider that it will probably always run at 200+ FPS.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/16/2014 11:43:36 PM
TBH, CSGO will drop pretty low on AMD hardware/older intel hardware in a lot of cases. Sometimes down to 60fps or lower even.
Not sure about newer intel hardware, might manage to stay up at 180+, but Source is one of those games that actually doesn't favor intel in most benchmarks despite being heavily CPU bound, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more demanding maps/situations could hit close to 100 even on SB and later.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross