This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So insurgency doesn't have bullet drop or bullet travel time, yet is realistic

#1KillerzOverHerePosted 7/15/2014 12:16:45 PM
And tactical? I really enjoy the game but this ruins the immersion for me. True the maps may be small, so bullet drop may be slightly irrelevant, but it should still be there for snipers. But bullet travel time is even worse, I can ADS and shoot a guy far away with a freaking SMG (Bursting of course, at least it's not as bad as BF, I can shoot that far with a pistol) I'm talking 150M plus.....why aren't these in the game? Is it a source engine limitation?
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#2LazyyAmericanPosted 7/15/2014 12:18:41 PM
Inb4whocares.....but I agree.it should be a factor.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
#3CatToyPosted 7/15/2014 12:22:41 PM(edited)
Source engine can handle projectiles, but it may not handle them well enough. Projectile physics are also highly server dependent, and games like Battlefield that have them also run at a super low tick rate to compensate which means while the physics are accurate, when a bullet hits for each player will be different, leading to issues of dying when you're already around a corner.

Projectile physics on small games like Insurgency or Counter Strike just wouldn't be worth the trade off.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4Orestes417Posted 7/15/2014 12:22:45 PM
Ask the devs. Odds are though that they made a design decision that the game plays more like they want it too without complicating the ballistics. It never claimed to be a sim, it isn't an actual flaw. Just a choice.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#5pothocketPosted 7/15/2014 12:25:39 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Ask the devs. Odds are though that they made a design decision that the game plays more like they want it too without complicating the ballistics. It never claimed to be a sim, it isn't an actual flaw. Just a choice.

I'd argue that the juxtaposition of realistic graphics and pew-pew laser-tag gameplay is a flaw.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#6KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 12:26:16 PM
There's a 17 page thread on this subject lol......devs say they are focusing their efforts elsewhere, and didn't really address the issue. gg.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#7Greendragon854Posted 7/15/2014 12:26:54 PM
I don't think it's slightly irrelevant. It's straight up a non-issue. Bullets don't drop any sort of appreciable difference in the size of the maps in this game. The bullet drop in the BF series is just silly. *rabble rabble rabble*
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#8KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 12:27:01 PM
pothocket posted...
Orestes417 posted...

I'd argue that the juxtaposition of realistic graphics and pew-pew laser-tag gameplay is a flaw.

Maps are very small and it is supposed to be more squad based gameplay..
---
#9KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 12:29:46 PM
Greendragon854 posted...
I don't think it's slightly irrelevant. It's straight up a non-issue. Bullets don't drop any sort of appreciable difference in the size of the maps in this game. The bullet drop in the BF series is just silly. *rabble rabble rabble*

So I can aim at an enemy 150m away with a pistol and aim directly at his chest and it will hit his chest? Realistic.
---
#10CatToyPosted 7/15/2014 12:39:53 PM(edited)
KillerzOverHere posted...
So I can aim at an enemy 150m away with a pistol and aim directly at his chest and it will hit his chest? Realistic.

Far more realistic than getting killed when you're five feet around a corner in cover.

Which to provide a comparison. Client tick rate for Battlefield is 10. That is, your computer updates against the server ten times a second. Valve TF2 and CS:GO servers run at a tick rate of 66. Third party comp servers for CSGO run at rate of 128, TF2 doesn't even handle tick rates that high very well and take a guess what it has that CSGO doesn't. Physics for a number of projectiles.

This isn't just a server performance issue either, it's harder for lesser computers to play on a high tick rate as well, and updating projectile physics for every player 128 times a second is more than likely just out of the question.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.