This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So insurgency doesn't have bullet drop or bullet travel time, yet is realistic

#11Orestes417Posted 7/15/2014 1:39:54 PM
Actually client tick rate has been 30 in BF4 for a while.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#12CatToyPosted 7/15/2014 1:42:46 PM
That's certainly an improvement but Battlefield is also markedly more difficult to run than anything on Source.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#13KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:47:06 PM
Also quick question....does arma 3 have a suppression effect?
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#14KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:48:55 PM
CatToy posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...
So I can aim at an enemy 150m away with a pistol and aim directly at his chest and it will hit his chest? Realistic.

Far more realistic than getting killed when you're five feet around a corner in cover.

Which to provide a comparison. Client tick rate for Battlefield is 10. That is, your computer updates against the server ten times a second. Valve TF2 and CS:GO servers run at a tick rate of 66. Third party comp servers for CSGO run at rate of 128, TF2 doesn't even handle tick rates that high very well and take a guess what it has that CSGO doesn't. Physics for a number of projectiles.

This isn't just a server performance issue either, it's harder for lesser computers to play on a high tick rate as well, and updating projectile physics for every player 128 times a second is more than likely just out of the question.

Does any game have these mechanics without these problems you mentioned?
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#15CatToyPosted 7/15/2014 1:53:06 PM(edited)
Not that I can think of. Full projectile physics are already very uncommon in multiplayer games. I'm not saying such a game couldn't exist, but if one does then I don't know what it is.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#16TitanStrikePosted 7/15/2014 1:53:27 PM
as an avid tf2 player corner deaths everywhere
---
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#17Orestes417Posted 7/15/2014 1:54:39 PM

ARMA 3 does take into account a great number of factors including physical exertion and psychological impairment, so you could say that yeah it does.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#18CatToyPosted 7/15/2014 1:59:15 PM
TitanStrike posted...
as an avid tf2 player corner deaths everywhere

Yeah, you can't eliminate it (there will always be latency between players over the interweb), but you can alleviate it.
---
#19KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 2:05:48 PM
Orestes417 posted...

ARMA 3 does take into account a great number of factors including physical exertion and psychological impairment, so you could say that yeah it does.

But when you getting shot at is there any detriment to aim? Like in insurgency, bf3, BIA etc...
---
#20KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 2:06:57 PM
CatToy posted...
Not that I can think of. Full projectile physics are already very uncommon in multiplayer games. I'm not saying such a game couldn't exist, but if one does then I don't know what it is.

Ahh that sucks :/
---