This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So insurgency doesn't have bullet drop or bullet travel time, yet is realistic

#31Orestes417Posted 7/15/2014 3:34:13 PM
To give you an idea with a 1911 type .45 with non-adjustable sights and standard ammo you'll want to aim about foot and a half above a man sized target to hit them in the chest from 100 yards. Beyond that the bullet drop makes the shot increasingly impractical.

A sensible person facing that kind of shot in a non-sporting situation would be better advised to retreat than to even attempt it.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#32codyorrPosted 7/15/2014 3:40:59 PM
KILLERZ lives!
#33g7g7g7g7Posted 7/15/2014 5:20:55 PM(edited)
"High Velocity small arms" okay "small arms" doesn't mean what you think it means.

The U.S. military defines small arms as anything from a 9mm up to heavy machine guns, hand held rockets and including up to 81mm portable mortar.

Small arms is basically anything that can be carried.

Your 1000 m/s refers to something like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_International_AWM

The UK service SA 80 assault rifle only gets 800m/s

A beretta 92 pistol only gets 380 m/s, It would take nearly half a second to reach a 150m target, last time I used a target pistol it was at a 25m range.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#34BogePosted 7/15/2014 6:01:37 PM
There's a line to be drawn between realism and video game. The old Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games, as well as Insurgency walk that line well. You don't want ultra realistic. That's not fun.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#35Orestes417Posted 7/15/2014 6:03:26 PM
Ultrarealistic can be a lot of fun, given the proper context. ARMA is a blast played with like minded individuals.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#36KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 6:21:22 PM
codyorr posted...
KILLERZ lives!

I was never gun, haha.

Geddit it...because.....gone....gun......we talking about guns.....LAUGH AT MY JOKES
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#37KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 6:21:31 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Ultrarealistic can be a lot of fun, given the proper context. ARMA is a blast played with like minded individuals.

---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.