This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the Steam Summer sale.

#11OmegaBladesPosted 7/16/2014 4:59:21 AM
I've played about two of them out of the 100+ I bought.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#120cu_87Posted 7/16/2014 5:55:46 AM
iXCeeD posted...
0cu_87 posted...
So what can you do? Don't buy all that stuff.. ain't that hard.

It's better to buy a game for 30 bucks which is not reduced and play it than buying 10 games for 80 bucks which are reduced and not playing them.

Lol that mentality "Oh its cheap ill find a way to play it next time" or " Ill stock up on games now" the human brain is so complex indeed

Yes. And men wonder about women shopping clothes heh.
---
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2
#13AlavardPosted 7/16/2014 6:02:10 AM
I made it my mission this time to play my summer sale games right away.

So far I've finished 3 of my steam sale purchases, and I'll likely finish a 4th tonight, and that's in addition to finishing off The Wolf Among Us, which I'd already bought prior to the sale.

Progress... it feels good.
---
Too much idiot, not enough savant.
#14DC07301981Posted 7/16/2014 6:28:35 AM
Me too. I bought I think 9 games during the sale and only played through the intro of Skyrim and Morrowind and haven't played anything since. Probably 15 minutes total I've put into them.

I just got a new job and bought some books to study so I can get some knowledge in advance so I'm not totally clueless on my first day and I haven't had time to game for a few weeks now.
#15Kano92Posted 7/16/2014 6:54:55 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
I've yet to boot up a single one of my 15+ new games.

Ain't noboy got time 'fo dat.

I'm the same way I've only played maybe 15% out of 200 games I got on Steam, is that pretty bad ?
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#16dementedlullabyPosted 7/16/2014 7:06:18 AM
I've played a couple, not beaten yet though. But didn't play the one I wanted most yet for whatever reason. I'm an odd cookie. Was going to play BG2EE but wanted a refresher on BG1 so doing a quick run through of EE, this way I can also use my BG1 save in BG2. Just about to finish up the main story and start expansion.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#17SteamsterPosted 7/16/2014 8:14:20 AM
Lvthn posted...
I think I've sunk 250+ hours into my summer purchases already

Holy s***
#18BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/16/2014 8:19:59 AM(edited)
nighthawk16 posted...
Yeah, I think it's mostly a psychological thing. When you have literally a 100 or more games you haven't played in your library the prospect of completing them all is just too daunting. I start playing The Wolf Among Us, for instance, and at the slightest hint of boredom I quit and start one of the other countless games I have backlogged. It becomes this cycle of attention deficiency and I end up playing none of them and just reading a book.

Even if you bought all those games at their lowerst, lets say like $5.00 each, that's really adds up. Now you have $500 tied up in a bunch of games you wont play. That $500 could have went to something else excellent. Most likely its probably even more $ though.

I know full price games are expensvie and these digital sales from steam and other places are a amazing. As a gamer from the Atari/nes days myself, I am used to having spent $50-$60 a pop on games for years. But even after using Steam for so many yaers now, having to buy every game that drops to $4-$5.00 has lost its appeal. I know, well I better buy it now so I can play it when Im ready, but then you just get into issues this guy has and you never complete anything or even give it a honest try. And with GMG, gog, Amazon, Gamefly, and other places, plus the help of cheapshark.com you can really get almost anything for cheap when your ready within a short time frame.
#19onetimez1Posted 7/16/2014 9:35:57 AM
I bought 30 games so far i've played about 10 hours combined of Mirror's Edge and Marlow Briggs.
#20SgtInfinityPosted 7/16/2014 10:34:43 AM
nighthawk16 posted...
Yeah, I think it's mostly a psychological thing. When you have literally a 100 or more games you haven't played in your library the prospect of completing them all is just too daunting. I start playing The Wolf Among Us, for instance, and at the slightest hint of boredom I quit and start one of the other countless games I have backlogged. It becomes this cycle of attention deficiency and I end up playing none of them and just reading a book.

are you me?