This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help troubleshooting BSOD.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need help troubleshooting BSOD.
2 years ago#1
got it while watching a streaming video

STOP: 0x00000124 BSOD

specs:

asus gtx 770. clock is @ 1260 MHz, max voltage is 1200 mV, memory clock is 8000 MHz and GPU max is 79 degrees C. i've played games fine like watch_dogs (ultra + worse mod) and plants vs zombies... my GPU gets nvidia driver crashes occasionally while i alt tab and a game is running in the background.

my CPU OC is 4.5GHz @ 1.3 V. it's a i5-2500k.

temps are fine (certainly not high enough for a bsod) and i've run prime95 small fft test no problem.

so i tried running some more stress/stability tests with prime95... small fft tests didn't seem to give it any fits. THEN i ran the blend test and it crashed within <5 minutes. i checked my BIOS settings for RAM and they are rated @ stock voltages and speeds. my gut feeling is that it's my RAM though. i don't think it's the best brand or model.

might run memtest86?

here is a link to my minidump

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=672E8AEE3287ADC3!1881&authkey=!AGIPmyupVdEu3f4&ithint=file%2c.dmp
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
2 years ago#2
I'd run memtest, if it's fine then your CPU overclocker is not stable.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
2 years ago#3
just did some prime95 blend tests, it crashed every single time. the small fft tests did not. is it my memory?
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
2 years ago#4
right now i went back to default settings and doing a prime95 blend test with one of the memory sticks. if it passes for an hour or so, then i'll switch to the other stick...
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
2 years ago#5
first memory stick seems ok

if the 2nd is ok, then it might be a problem with my CPU overclock...
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
2 years ago#6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178333

that's my RAM
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
2 years ago#7
Open the dump with windbg, it's in the Windows SDK/ADK.
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru
2 years ago#8
i have seen the dump with bsod viewer.

so i tested each ram stick individually but that was on stock cpu settings and everything passed while i tried to get it to BSOD. of course it didn't run through the same # of tests that an OC CPU would so i'm not sure that's the best test.

i changed the DRAM frequency to AUTO in my BIOS and now i am re doing blend tests. i also changed the physical slots the RAM stick was on. one of them was extremely close to the CPU heatsink/fan. i think they were touching so i'm wondering if the stick might have overheated. unlikely but you never know.
SPECIAL BEAM CANNON.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. need help troubleshooting BSOD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived