This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Warning* Weebo topic about visual novels.

#11LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 4:23:40 PM
Also, where do I go to find VN that are not available in these sites? I can't find muv-luv alternative...
#12DetectiveZPosted 7/16/2014 5:01:38 PM(edited)
I'm not sure if I can share the website here. but there's a really good site with alot of VN's. You should be able to easily find it on Google.
Some VN's I reccomend. :p
Ever17 (A bit boring at the beginning...but stay with it and omg dat plot twist.)
Remember11 (Warning: Has a disapointing ending...which makes sense somehow... xD)
Never7
Narcissu (It's really good. Probably the saddest VN I've ever read...ironically, the author wasn't planning on giving it a sad feeling. However, many people reccomend reading the prequel (Narcissu 2) before this one. Also Narcissu 2 comes with narcissu 1)
Chaos;Head (Ending has a huge swerve to another direction)
Steins;Gate (Still need to get to it. XD)
Katawa Shojo NSFW <--- Great Starting Visual Novel
Fate/Stay Night NSFW
Tsukihime NSFW
Umineko
Higurashi
Saya no Uta <--- Must play tbh. NSFW
Swan Song NSFW
Cross Channel NSFW
OMGWTFOTL

Not really a traditional visual novel. But I'd also reccomend ps2 emulator + Persona 3/4
And Psx + Policenauts/Snatcher.

There's a picture that has a list of great VN's to try.
http://i.imgur.com/1EAa5V7.jpg NSFW
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#13TimePharaohPosted 7/16/2014 4:55:23 PM
You get a gaming PC and you go and look for books that can be run and literally anything?
#14ThrenagynPosted 7/16/2014 5:36:43 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
I'm not sure if I can share the website here. but there's a really good site with alot of VN's. You should be able to easily find it on Google.
Ever17 (A bit boring at the beginning...but stay with it and omg dat plot twist.)
Remember11 (Warning: Has a disapointing ending...which makes sense somehow... xD)
Never7
Narcissu (It's really good. Probably the saddest VN I've ever read...ironically, the author wasn't planning on giving it a sad feeling. However, many people reccomend reading the prequel (Narcissu 2) before this one. Also Narcissu 2 comes with narcissu 1)
Fate/Stay Night NSFW
Tsukihime NSFW
Umineko
Higurashi
Swan Song NSFW
Cross Channel NSFW
OMGWTFOTL

Not really a traditional visual novel. But I'd also reccomend ps2 emulator + Persona 3/4

This post ^ has it all. Also, many of the NSFW posted are relatively mild, so don't necessarily write them off. Many amazing stores.
#15VoidNoodlePosted 7/16/2014 6:43:42 PM
There are some at fuwanovel.org
---
Steam: VoidNoodle PSN: VoidNoodle/SlashGeeGee
osu!: VoidNoodle
#16MasterTurtlePosted 7/16/2014 7:08:54 PM
Most of the best ones are fan-translated, the localization companies like Mangagamer and JAST have a few decent titles but for the most part just take what they can get

LaggingRed posted...
Also, where do I go to find VN that are not available in these sites? I can't find muv-luv alternative...

You can try importing them from sites like J-list, but if you're put off by MG/JAST's prices you're going to like the prices there much less
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#17LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 9:54:47 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
Never7
Fate/Stay Night NSFW
Tsukihime NSFW
Umineko
Higurashi
Swan Song NSFW
Cross Channel NSFW
OMGWTFOTL

share it! or just don't add .com or .org to it.
I don't like going to sketchy sites :(
#18LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 9:59:53 PM
VoidNoodle posted...

Thanks for the recommendation!

MasterTurtle posted...
Most of the best ones are fan-translated, the localization companies like Mangagamer and JAST have a few decent titles but for the most part just take what they can get

LaggingRed posted...

You can try importing them from sites like J-list, but if you're put off by MG/JAST's prices you're going to like the prices there much less

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll just have to do research before I buy them :/
Any recommendations to free sites are welcome :)
#19DetectiveZPosted 7/16/2014 10:07:19 PM
VoidNoodle posted...

That was the site I was talking about. xD
If you have any other questions about what VN's I reccomend feel free to ask. xD
Just curious what type of VN's are you interested in?
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#20LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 10:49:15 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
VoidNoodle posted...

That was the site I was talking about. xD
If you have any other questions about what VN's I reccomend feel free to ask. xD
Just curious what type of VN's are you interested in?

hmm overall just good visual novels. I finished one route on katawa shoujo before and it was great! After I heard about Narcissu I decided to learn more about visual novels. I'll probably go through the list you recommended. Would you think it would be worth it to read VN's of animes I've already seen? Like Clannad?