This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Warning* Weebo topic about visual novels.

#21DetectiveZPosted 7/16/2014 11:49:16 PM
Yup! There's alot of differences in the anime compared to VN's.
In Clanned VN there's something always unique going through each playthrough. :p
Usually VN > Anime.
Especially with Chaos;head...
"shudder"
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#22Garage_ManPosted 7/16/2014 11:59:17 PM
If one really didn't care for anime...like AT ALL and wanted to try a VN for the first time what would you play? Something with a decent story and deep character development.

I'd be very interested in checking one out, I just don't do that art style...I could even deal with decent cell shaded graphics. Just not anime.
#23DetectiveZPosted 7/17/2014 12:08:37 AM
Chaos;head for sure.
The anime just butchered it. >_>
For Deep Plot I'd go with any of the infinity games. (Never7/Ever17/Remember11) <-- Seriously you will not expect any of the plot twists.
It's a bit short but Saya No Uta is also a VN I recommend.

(What do you mean by art style? xD Most animes have really different art styles.)
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#24StormKMDPosted 7/17/2014 12:22:38 AM
I would play Katawa Shoujo first, considering it's free, and amazing.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | 1500GBs HDD | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/StormKMD
#25Garage_ManPosted 7/17/2014 12:27:56 AM
Now no one take offense to this! It's just my opinion okay...I'm not saying it's bad, just that it isn't for me.

The choppy animations, the drawing style...I have no problem with a hand drawn thing but anime TO ME just looks cheap and poorly done.

It really breaks the immersion. I am playing Atelier Totori right now on my vita and despite having that "Japanese" feel to it I quite enjoy the graphics. There is a lot of details put in and the world feels "alive."

I found tales of symphonia hard to get into because of the graphics and that communication system when people are talking. Persona 2,3,4 I just couldn't get into. I try to not judge on graphics but it makes it hard when it's something you don't like.
#26LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 12:31:14 AM
@DetectiveZ

I watched chaos;head and it was the most confusing anime ever. Liked the ending song tho lol.

btw are there other ways to download stuff from fuwanovel without having to torrent and go tpb? Or is it safe?
#27WormBoi3Posted 7/17/2014 12:44:21 AM
Tag
---
Posted using GameFlux
#28megablue9Posted 7/17/2014 1:11:22 AM(edited)
LaggingRed posted...
@DetectiveZ

I watched chaos;head and it was the most confusing anime ever. Liked the ending song tho lol.

btw are there other ways to download stuff from fuwanovel without having to torrent and go tpb? Or is it safe?

You asking is it safe to torrent from fuwanovel? Yes it is I've used that site no problem
Edit: Clannad vn is good I went anime to vn you get to see the other girl routes+ others also the music is good
---
3ds FC: 5172-0077-4852
#29LaggingRed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 2:13:35 AM
megablue9 posted...
LaggingRed posted...
@DetectiveZ

You asking is it safe to torrent from fuwanovel? Yes it is I've used that site no problem
Edit: Clannad vn is good I went anime to vn you get to see the other girl routes+ others also the music is good

Hmm I guess I'll be reading all the animes I've watched then lol. Thanks for the info guys! Also do you guys buy hard copies when it's available?
#30Black_AssassinPosted 7/17/2014 3:12:29 AM
Recommending the Muv-Luv trilogy.
---
lowercase