This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The problem with open world Bethesda games is that they allow difficulty changes

#61machetemanPosted 7/16/2014 7:42:17 PM
oh goody another "popular game that got good reviews but is secretly console trash according to PC master race" thread on PCH...
#62TimePharaohPosted 7/16/2014 7:45:53 PM
macheteman posted...
oh goody another "popular game that got good reviews but is secretly console trash according to PC master race" thread on PCH...

How is a game that's inferior to it's predecessors, features a factually consolized experience right down to its base mechanics (compare Morrowind to Skyrim menus) NOT console trash?

Scurry back to your farm peasant.
#63leon_trunksPosted 7/16/2014 7:50:14 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
That1Guyy posted...
Ningishzida posted...
haven't put a climbable ladder in Elder Scrolls since 1996's Daggerfall.

My experience playing Counter-Strike says this is a good thing. A first person ladder system that doesn't completely suck and get in the way is like finding the end of a double rainbow.

I thought the ladder system in Half Life was perfect.

Werent you able to climb the ladders in half life while not even looking at the ladder and walking into it? Kind of like 2 arms growing out of your spine while you use your normal hands to hold a gun keeping lookout as you climb? That breaks immersion like nothing else! The best ladder climb in FPS was in Crysis 2.
#64DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/16/2014 7:54:06 PM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Ningishzida posted...
I'd just play Morrowind or even Oblivion. Skyrim isn't worth playing, modded or not.

Seriously give requiem a try. It's really not terrible.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

The magic, crafting, stamina system, stealth and area based scaling along with the perks in general being rebalanced, make for a decently rewarding experience. Dying from 1 to 2 long range archery shots sucks at first but you learn to be prepared and eventually progress to the point you laugh at those early archers.

lol Requiem, don't mistake tedium for difficulty. I don't mean to insult those who made Requiem, but they're RPG fundamentalists. You wouldn't believe the lengths they went to in order to add (artificial) difficulty (ie, tedium) to the game.

Here's one example: heavy armor. You put on your first set and you can barely move, you are now A SLOTH. Pick up a single potion in addition? You're now an IMMOVABLE STATUE. No running for you, and sprinting? Don't make me laugh. The exhaustion mechanic they implemented is pure insanity.

You completed your arduous long WALK to Riverwood? Don't expect to buy anything. You see, these simple townsfolk are PRICE GOUGING PROFITEERS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF DRAGONS CAUSING STOCK SHORTAGES. Want to steal something, then? Go for it, if you can unlock the MASTER LEVEL LOCK that the SIMPLE shopkeeper has installed to ward everyone but thief grandmasters.

Wanting to explore? Watch out for that roaming elemental mage, he can see you from one mile away, and will one shot you in the blink of an eye. Need the stamina to run from him? Well then DROP your set of armor and attempt to run naked screaming back to Riverwood, only to be hit in the back by a spell and insta-killed.

This is why I said the overhauls for Skyrim are UTTER TRASH. They are either amateurish pale imitation of OOO/FCOM and FWE (with MMM), or they're like Requiem - completely and utterly unreasonable.

Not to mention random spawns in Req are still level-scaled, as is much of the loot.

ROFL

Lol casual.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#65NeninaPosted 7/16/2014 8:05:22 PM
If Bethesda could go ahead and make a Left Behind game, that would be great.
#66machetemanPosted 7/16/2014 8:24:17 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
macheteman posted...

How is a game that's inferior to it's predecessors, features a factually consolized experience right down to its base mechanics (compare Morrowind to Skyrim menus) NOT console trash?

man, you really showed me with all the great examples and opinions!
#67TimePharaohPosted 7/16/2014 8:26:19 PM
macheteman posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
macheteman posted...

So basically, no actual defense? Not like I expected one from someone who only played Skyrim.

Peasants gon pes I guess.
#68TomNook20Posted 7/16/2014 8:34:12 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...

have you tried playing TES in 3rd person? you can't hit s*** and the animations are terrible and it's impossible to aim a bow.

I only play skyrim in 3rd person, dunno what the hell you're talking about. Much prefer it to first person.
---
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/098/7/4/tom_nook_by_themerce-d3dhi0q.png
http://www.gameswagonline.com/uploads/9/0/8/9/9089979/1372277527.jpg
#69machetemanPosted 7/16/2014 8:35:50 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
macheteman posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
macheteman posted...

So basically, no actual defense? Not like I expected one from someone who only played Skyrim.

Peasants gon pes I guess.

man how sad and pathetic the trolls have become. i could do better than this.
#70ChargrilledPosted 7/16/2014 8:58:13 PM
meh, its always fun for trolls to rag on the big boys.
limited imagination.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!