This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The problem with open world Bethesda games is that they allow difficulty changes

#71NeninaPosted 7/16/2014 9:23:04 PM
I could set the place on fire.
#72Blobs_Posted 7/16/2014 9:29:40 PM
Gaming would be better without games in general. I prefer all of my games to be 2-3 hour long cutscenes that are either pre rendered for hours, or a mix of pre-rendered graphics and live action footage. It's so much more immersive that way.
---
is haha
#73NingishzidaPosted 7/16/2014 10:39:57 PM
macheteman posted...
man how sad and pathetic the trolls have become. i could do better than this.

The only one trolling in this topic is YOU. TimePharaoh gave you an example of Morrowind's UI versus Skyrim's, and all you did in attempting to mock him was mock yourself. How amusing.

Now get out.
#74NingishzidaPosted 7/16/2014 10:42:37 PM
Chargrilled posted...
meh, its always fun for trolls to rag on the big boys.
limited imagination.

And your post criticizing us "trolls" IS imaginative, right?
#75NingishzidaPosted 7/16/2014 11:18:58 PM(edited)
Treason686 posted...
Bethesda released a high res texture pack for free.

No, they released a texture pack that should have come with the PC game to begin with, because appallingly, some of the textures were like 240p or something due to Skyrim being a made-for-consoles game.

Then the hi res texpack needed this to fix all the bugs it introduced:
Unofficial High Resolution Patch:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255/

The way you defend Bethesda and their apish antics, makes me think they're paying you. If not, they should put you on their payroll pronto.
#76kobalobasileusPosted 7/17/2014 12:06:38 AM
Hi C posted...
Orestes417 posted...
No the problem with bethesda games is none of your choices have consequences.

The problem is they got rid of all the good things about TES, kept all the series weaknesses, and changed the franchise from an Ultima style sandbox in Morrowind to a generic console Assassins Theft Creed open world type thing with Oblivion and Skyrim.

You're essentially saying what I've been saying since I first played Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls is no longer really an RPG series, it's an open world action game that still hangs onto a few RPG trappings in order to put on an air of legitimacy that paid reviewers and braindead analysts will accept without question.
#77Chaos_MissilePosted 7/17/2014 12:10:19 AM
MrMonkhouse posted...
You can change your difficulty at any time. Their games would be much better if they didn't allow that.

Yet when some overhyped crap like Bravely Default does it, praises all around
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#78NingishzidaPosted 7/17/2014 12:28:11 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
You're essentially saying what I've been saying since I first played Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls is no longer really an RPG series, it's an open world action game that still hangs onto a few RPG trappings in order to put on an air of legitimacy that paid reviewers and braindead analysts will accept without question.

To be fair, Oblivion held onto a lot more than Skyrim did. In fact, Skyrim holds onto nothing. It isn't an RPG, it's barely a game. Skyrim is nothing more than fickle interaction and dress-up-dolly.
#79That1GuyyPosted 7/17/2014 12:40:45 AM
To be fair, Bethesda has always been a bad developer, and hardcore RPG fans liking Morrowind is a fluke.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#80NingishzidaPosted 7/17/2014 12:42:26 AM
leon_trunks posted...
Werent you able to climb the ladders in half life while not even looking at the ladder and walking into it? Kind of like 2 arms growing out of your spine while you use your normal hands to hold a gun keeping lookout as you climb? That breaks immersion like nothing else!

Indeed! It was bloody stupid.

The best ladder climb in FPS was in Crysis 2.

I haven't played Crysis 2, but how was ladder implementation better than Crysis 1?