This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A great software monitor program, stand-alone that is recommended?

#1Metroid_LoverPosted 7/17/2014 11:44:47 AM
I like the idea of the 'software updater' that Avast has, but was wondering if anyone knew of a standalone software monitor program at all that anyone here would recommend.

If you can select what programs to show or ignore when you check for updates, that would be a big plus!

Thanks in advance!
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."
#2Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 10:15:09 AM
Does anyone have an idea, or a recommendation?
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."
#3lost_withinPosted 7/18/2014 1:21:05 PM
I used this a bit back, it did a fair job.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#4NingishzidaPosted 7/18/2014 2:12:43 PM
Ninite
#5Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:31:43 PM(edited)
lost_within posted...
I removed it because I got a different computer and never re-installed it...

Ok, that's good to know ;)

Did a quick look at both, I don't really like Ninite, it's more of a 'new PC, install these programs' type of program.
I can't find info on if it scans what you have installed, and check for updates for the programs...or anything....but that was a quick glance, I'll look more into it.

If this 'secunia' program can have the option to put a copy of the downloaded/installed/updated programs in a separate location, that would be nice; )
---
#6lost_withinPosted 7/18/2014 4:27:58 PM
I removed it because I got a different computer and never re-installed it...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison