This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions: Asus - Essentio Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions: Asus - Essentio Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive

User Info: Hitman_67

Hitman_67
2 years ago#1
It'll be my first decent Gaming PC since my XP. I wanted something already set up, an near me to pick up. I called around and someone found me this. Would this be an ok computer? Priced at $900. Details are as follows:

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770S processor

12GB DDR3 memory

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

2TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics

16-in-1 media reader
Supports CompactFlash, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro-M2, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus and Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard formats.

2 USB 3.0 and 5 USB 2.0 ports

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11ac)

Bluetooth 4.0 interface

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Founder of Phantom Ops (Wargames) Venchel Crime Family (GTAV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#2
I don't understand why they would use an i7-4770S instead of a regular i7-4770, but for $900 you'd be hard pressed to build a better computer, seems like a good deal to me.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: link407

link407
2 years ago#3
I got this very same rig from Best Buy the other day. I added a 240gig SSD and replaced the 4 gig stick of ram with an 8 to go dual channel. I can run damn near everything I've tried on max settings. Almost no load time on anything. Fix it up a bit and it rocks.

User Info: Hitman_67

Hitman_67
2 years ago#4
link407 posted...
I got this very same rig from Best Buy the other day. I added a 240gig SSD and replaced the 4 gig stick of ram with an 8 to go dual channel. I can run damn near everything I've tried on max settings. Almost no load time on anything. Fix it up a bit and it rocks.

Yeah that's where I found it when I called. He said it has 16GB RAM, but the Feature list I think said 12. Either way wouldn't that be more than 4GB sticks? Or is that another part?

It's the best chance I have and I wanted to max everything. So far you guys and other people said its good, which makes me think this is the one.
Founder of Phantom Ops (Wargames) Venchel Crime Family (GTAV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player

Shub
2 years ago#5
If it has 12 GB, it probably has 8 GB + 4 GB.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: link407

link407
2 years ago#6
My Best Buy has a couple models. All with 12 gigs of ram but one with a 1 gig GTX 750. I opted for the 3 gig 760. It's all on a microATX board with 2 ram slots so if it's got 16 then it's 8+8 but if it's 12 like mine was it's 8+4.

Shub
2 years ago#7
If the 2 GB GTX 760 is an option, it would be better than the 3 GB variant. The latter is actually a tradeoff despite the additional VRAM because it runs slower.
-What is best in life?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions: Asus - Essentio Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - 2TB Hard Drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived