This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a PC FPS gamer, I'm done with playing FPS on consoles.

#31Shin_GallonPosted 7/17/2014 10:31:24 PM
Edavy89 posted...
cancerstorm posted...
playing fps games on console is a strong indication of peasantry

Not really, Consoles almost always have a better player base for FPS's. And if you can't find people to play with, PC's being able to do it "better" is irrelevant.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/430/877/271.gif
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#32RadarPosted 7/17/2014 10:40:00 PM
So, do you guys have, like, anyone, that cares about you? Or is the only way you can feel good about yourselves is to make others feel like a lower class because they prefer a different way?

If that is so, and ostensibly it seems that way, most people would call that bigotry.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#33TimePharaohPosted 7/17/2014 10:41:37 PM
You make yourself be lower class through your actions, you only have yourself to blame if you feel like that, it has nothing to do with us.
#34pwnater777Posted 7/17/2014 10:42:35 PM
After playing CS: GO for a while with my friend on PC before his PC kept crashing, we reverted back to playing it on Xbox 360. Needless to say, the aim assist kept throwing me off, and the clunky feel of using a joystick to aim felt godawful compared to a mouse.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#35That1GuyyPosted 7/17/2014 10:42:38 PM
As much as I love Counter-Strike, I would drop it in a second (not really, but it wouldn't be my primary shooter) for a console Halo with an active community and gameplay that doesn't blow chunks like Halo 4 or default Reach.

Controlling console shooters is different than PC shooters, and that's okay. They don't need to be the same and they shouldn't.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#36harcoreblazerPosted 7/17/2014 11:02:25 PM
pwnater777 posted...
After playing CS: GO for a while with my friend on PC before his PC kept crashing, we reverted back to playing it on Xbox 360. Needless to say, the aim assist kept throwing me off, and the clunky feel of using a joystick to aim felt godawful compared to a mouse.

Counter Strike is a mess to play in PS3 too, but all the other FPS games seem to work fine.

I always disable aim-assist on console though.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#37pwnater777Posted 7/17/2014 11:04:57 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
pwnater777 posted...

Counter Strike is a mess to play in PS3 too, but all the other FPS games seem to work fine.

I always disable aim-assist on console though.

The thing is, I couldn't even find an option to do so in CS. It really ruins the game for me.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#38jake-sfPosted 7/17/2014 11:09:42 PM
The only good console FPS are those who don't try to mimmick mouse FPS.

Goldeneye 007.

Metroid Prime (not Wii)

Controls that feels like part of the game, feel a lot less like a handicap, and doesn't have you use 2 sticks for movements and aiming, because I ******* despise dual stick movement-aiming.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#39phy2jshPosted 7/17/2014 11:37:09 PM
jake-sf posted...
The only good console FPS are those who don't try to mimmick mouse FPS.

Goldeneye 007.

Metroid Prime (not Wii)

Controls that feels like part of the game, feel a lot less like a handicap, and doesn't have you use 2 sticks for movements and aiming, because I ******* despise dual stick movement-aiming.

Agree with this. Goldeneye is one of my favourite games of all time, and I was just pondering whether k&m would make it better, and I came to the conclusion: it wouldn't. I think you've just explained the reason why, and further, explained why I've not liked any console fps's since the original perfect dark.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#40thatfool12GsPosted 7/17/2014 11:40:38 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
Should I go to the bar and start calling people peasants?

This would be awesome, but would probably almost guarantee your death.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU