This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a PC FPS gamer, I'm done with playing FPS on consoles.

#61rtkamb1770Posted 7/18/2014 6:27:24 AM
I loved the rail gun in quake since I actually had accurate aiming. Anything like that on consul is useless to me, it's all spray and pray. btw, I have no intentions of "getting good" at using a controller.
#62KidInTheHallPosted 7/18/2014 6:57:53 AM
R0N1N187 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
ITT: we bash consoles.

Never had a problem with FPS games on a console, but then again i suck at them no matter the input method.

That's because you're a peasant...

You dont get to call him that.

That's right, you can't call him the p-word, that's their word!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#63JKatarnPosted 7/18/2014 12:43:53 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Ehh, as long as it's not competitive, I prefer controller, even on PC. If it is something competitive, I'll ditch the controller. Solely because of comfort.

Don't mind playing them on consoles either, because it's still a level playing field.

I would suggest trying out a good wireless ergonomic keyboard and mouse set, you can pull them to the edge of the desk and lean back in comfort, or even have the keyboard on your lap if you want.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#64ExoticCharmPosted 7/18/2014 12:53:23 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Vryantski posted...
Shots fired ......

Very inaccurately from a controller

Let me guess. You have never used a controller, never played a console, and you have no idea what you are talking about. 90% of console fps games let you change the sensitivity and take off whatever autoaim crap they put in. Games like battlefield 4 and titanfall worked flawlessely with controllers, and you don't have wallhackers and glitchers in every game like you do on PC. Come to think of it, I have yet to see any hackers whatsoever in either of those games on consoles.
#65Logical_OnePosted 7/18/2014 1:05:30 PM
MaouSado posted...
While I admit that keyboard+mouse is the golden child of FPS games, consoles having the exponentially higher playerbase means I won't be seeing the same people over and over.

And while I LOVED my experiences in Unreal Tournament and Halo 1 on the PC (I do so miss my infamy in Halo 1...), the point of multiplayer online is to have MULTIPLE PLAYERS.

I disagree with your initial point: that console games have a higher playerbase; they may have more players initially (upon release) but as a whole, generally speaking, console games die off rather quickly. PC games--good PC games/ports--have longer lasting populations and more players (who tend to be really invested) for a longer period of time.

Please note that I'm not saying that it's always true (I'm sure you can find the odd game where what I'm saying is not true), however, it is generally true.

To the TC--I couldn't agree more. I play EVERY game with a KB/M except for racing games and platformers.
---
---
Meh...
#66BoswerLKPosted 7/18/2014 1:07:29 PM
to be fair, FPSs nowadays all move so damn slowly that sticks vs mouse hardly matters anymore. instant flick shots are really for a genre of fast paced FPS (quake, unreal, tribes) that doesn't exist anymore cuz CoD melted everyone's brains

seriously, every match of tribes ascend I played a few years ago boiled down to 30 players with < 5% hit rates and 2 players that actually have a clue as to what they're doing
---
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
Valar Morghulis
#67RaikouenPosted 7/18/2014 1:15:06 PM
I could never see myself getting into PC FPS as a main system to play them on. I notice a lot when playing on console, I don't win only by precise aim (though I do tend to stay near the top of the leaderboards compared to over 100 friends in terms of accuracy), but by moving tactically and very quickly to disorient the opponent's aim. With a controller that used analog sticks, this works amazingly well. With a keyboard and mouse, it's near impossible for me to pull it off.
#68RaikouenPosted 7/18/2014 1:19:10 PM
Also, I tend to play a lot of CoD and Battlefield when I do play a shooter. PC gamers don't seem to stick to these as much as console players do, making console matchmaking much faster and easier.

Heck, just a few weeks ago I checked on bf4stats (looking up my stats) and saw that PS4 and PS3 were each almost at 30k online where PC was just hovering over 12k, less active than any of the consoles at that point in time.
#69OreoBoy206Posted 7/18/2014 1:26:26 PM
Raikouen posted...
Also, I tend to play a lot of CoD and Battlefield when I do play a shooter. PC gamers don't seem to stick to these as much as console players do, making console matchmaking much faster and easier.

Heck, just a few weeks ago I checked on bf4stats (looking up my stats) and saw that PS4 and PS3 were each almost at 30k online where PC was just hovering over 12k, less active than any of the consoles at that point in time.

Right now the PC BF4 has 41k people online. It's in 2nd place when it comes to most people online with PS4 being first with 50k.. Having been on BF4 stats a lot, I've seen the consoles go as low as 15k at times, so they all have low player counts at times..
#70ClouddxPosted 7/18/2014 1:55:48 PM(edited)
As someone who played FPS games competitively on consoles way before I touched PC gaming I can honestly say that using an analog stick to aim is never going to be as accurate as using a mouse.

The only solace you can take is that everyone is using a controller and it's way less accurate unless they're is some very heavy amount of auto-aim in the game.

To the ppl that say consoles have a higher playerbase than PC FPS games take a good look at CS:GO, or how bout a classic game like CS1.6. You'll always be able to find players and severs on PC for many games including old games which doesn't hold true for console gaming. Try playing older console games like Tribes: AA, ohh wait you can't because they took down the server for it or how bout one of my favorite games, SW: Battlefront 2. You won't find anything on the console side, but for PC there are still severs and players.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S