This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a PC FPS gamer, I'm done with playing FPS on consoles.

#71Logical_OnePosted 7/18/2014 1:03:06 PM
Clouddx posted...
As someone who played FPS games competitively on consoles way before I touched PC gaming I can honestly say that using an analog stick to aim is never going to be as accurate as using a mouse.

The only solace you can take is that everyone is using a controller and it's way less accurate unless they're is some very heavy amount of auto-aim in the game.

To the ppl that say consoles have a higher playerbase than PC FPS games take a good look at CS:GO, or how bout a classic game like CS1.6. You'll always be able to find players and severs on PC for many games including old games which doesn't hold true for console gaming. Try playing older console games like Tribes: AA, ohh wait you can't because they took down the server for it or how bout one of my favorite games, SW: Battlefront 2. You won't find anything on the console side, but for PC there are still severs and players.

QFT.
---
---
Meh...
#72RunFromThisGunPosted 7/18/2014 4:13:33 PM
Shucks. I'll be on the 360 version of Left4Dead2 tonite I was hoping to shoot your legs and abs.
#73RaikouenPosted 7/18/2014 4:27:00 PM
Clouddx posted...
As someone who played FPS games competitively on consoles way before I touched PC gaming I can honestly say that using an analog stick to aim is never going to be as accurate as using a mouse.

The only solace you can take is that everyone is using a controller and it's way less accurate unless they're is some very heavy amount of auto-aim in the game.

To the ppl that say consoles have a higher playerbase than PC FPS games take a good look at CS:GO, or how bout a classic game like CS1.6. You'll always be able to find players and severs on PC for many games including old games which doesn't hold true for console gaming. Try playing older console games like Tribes: AA, ohh wait you can't because they took down the server for it or how bout one of my favorite games, SW: Battlefront 2. You won't find anything on the console side, but for PC there are still severs and players.

Too bad Battlefront 2 is a prime example of how you're wrong.

Go boot it up right now. You can't play online for any system. Xbox had its servers shut off a few years ago when MS pulled the plug on original Xbox Live. PS2 and PC remained both alive and fairly active until June 30, 2014, which is when all GameSpy powered games, such as Battlefront 2 on PC and PS2, had their servers shut down.
#74ClouddxPosted 7/18/2014 6:30:49 PM(edited)
Raikouen posted...
Clouddx posted...

Go boot it up right now. You can't play online for any system. Xbox had its servers shut off a few years ago when MS pulled the plug on original Xbox Live. PS2 and PC remained both alive and fairly active until June 30, 2014, which is when all GameSpy powered games, such as Battlefront 2 on PC and PS2, had their servers shut down.

You act like PC gamers can't put up their own Master Server and run servers thru that. They did it with Tribes 2 and many other games after the servers got "taken down".
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#75harcoreblazerPosted 7/18/2014 6:57:04 PM
Clouddx posted...
Raikouen posted...
Clouddx posted...

You act like PC gamers can't put up their own Master Server and run servers thru that. They did it with Tribes 2 and many other games after the servers got "taken down".

Sometimes private servers are just a pain to use because you need to go on a epic quest through the internet to find one to play, assuming that you find one in the first place.

Been there, done that. Happened to me with Battlefield 2.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#76RaikouenPosted 7/18/2014 7:15:06 PM
Clouddx posted...
Raikouen posted...
Clouddx posted...

So you get to play on someone else's laggy server under their rules after having to search everywhere for one that's active. Awesome, I'll stick to just clicking "Find Match" on games that are still active regardless.
#77YtBoysHavNoLipsPosted 7/18/2014 7:30:42 PM
good luck playing destiny. guess pc players will petition and be begging for that for next 2 years like they always beg for console port leftovers
---
I'm a scrawny, ugly, pasty nerd who has a hard time getting noticed, so I say "my gf/wife" a lot on the internet. No one even plays on PC. Go away.
#78RaikouenPosted 7/18/2014 7:44:52 PM
YtBoysHavNoLips posted...
good luck playing destiny. guess pc players will petition and be begging for that for next 2 years like they always beg for console port leftovers

Then will brag about how console players "only beta tested" like they did when R* announced the PC port of GTA5 (you know, the one they're porting from the PS4/Xbox One versions releasing alongside it).
#79eddy1nsanePosted 7/19/2014 12:30:52 AM
RL to RG combo.
I missed the old days of playing fps with skill.
Now every FPS being released was intentionally slowed down for console controller.
---
God created the world, everything else are made in China
#80TimePharaohPosted 7/19/2014 12:40:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]