This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

video card ram a bit under the reqs..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. video card ram a bit under the reqs..
1 year ago#11
A card with that little memory is also likely to be very weak.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
1 year ago#12
it's very weak. but some how I managed the run total war shogun 2 and swtor mmo pretty well.
im on my mobile at the moment so I cant check. ill post it later today.
thanks everyone
and the rude person
1 year ago#13
That's an old card, I wouldn't be worried so much about the VRAM and more about the speed of the card.

You deftly need to upgrade a good $80-$110 card. 750 GTX would be a very nice upgrade for you.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
1 year ago#14
Clouddx posted...
That's an old card, I wouldn't be worried so much about the VRAM and more about the speed of the card.

You deftly need to upgrade a good $80-$110 card. 750 GTX would be a very nice upgrade for you.

That card is... I think about 12 years old? Yeah, spend the money, get a better card. What processor are you using? An old 64x2?

Scratch that, I was thinking the old r300, not of the hd3000 series. But it's still several years old, and quite weak.

Thinking further on this, it might be an agp card... And he might have to update everything.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#15
If you do decide to upgrade, you might as well get a 3GB or 4GB card to protect yourself. To this day, Watch Dogs is the only game where a 2GB card actually stutters violently but I would suspect there will be about 5 or 6 more games like this in a couple years.

I would upgrade to a 4GB if I wasn't so lazy.
1 year ago#16
RunFromThisGun posted...
If you do decide to upgrade, you might as well get a 3GB or 4GB card to protect yourself. To this day, Watch Dogs is the only game where a 2GB card actually stutters violently but I would suspect there will be about 5 or 6 more games like this in a couple years.

I would upgrade to a 4GB if I wasn't so lazy.

I doubt that is a PC he put together himself, probably a store bought. Not going to drop money on a 4GB GTX 770 for example just to have the PSU not being able to handle the thing. Would help to know what else is inside, it could be possible that motherboard doesn't have PCIe slots. EDIT: I may be thinking it is older than it may be.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
1 year ago#17
Just saw a 1GB video card on newegg for $10 + free shipping. Problem solved.... at least one of them. Nevermind, you probably don't have a PCIe slot in there.
1 year ago#18
ati radeon HD 3400
erm...processors.. intel quad core.. 2.40GHz..

yes, pre built store bought, 2006/7. was not cheap at the time -_-
oh well, I was just wondering about the one game, dont plan on going full pc too soon. thanks master race
1 year ago#19
I wouldnt bet on it. Without enough VRAM the game will stutter like crazy or even crash.

You can generally get by with a game a little under CPU or GPU requirements sometimes, but if you're below the RAM requirements, you're screwed. Still, you could try to run it on the lowest possible settings/resolution...maybe, just maybe you'll be able to get by if you do.

Honestly, with that CPU, I'd recommend bumping up your GPU a bit....3400 series is absolute crap. Assuming your PSU can handle better of course. I'd look into getting like a 7700 series GPU (7750. 7770, 7790), those would pair well with the Q6600. Heck, even a 7850/7870 wouldn't hurt (considering how I can run a GTX 760 on my phenom II fine). This would equal the 250 or 260 GPUs on the newest series.

On the Nvidia side, GTX 650 ti or 750 Ti would be the equivalents of those.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 760 SC | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
1 year ago#20
thanks for the helpful tips. wont need them for a few months though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. video card ram a bit under the reqs..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived