This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Portal blow your mind the first time you played it?

#1ravenom_06Posted 7/18/2014 3:55:05 AM
Did Portal blow your mind the first time you played it? - Results (570 votes)
Yes
43.86% (250 votes)
No
33.16% (189 votes)
Mehhh...a bit
22.98% (131 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a god, probably Zeus or Gwyn, because this guy is a total badass and we refuse to tolerate that]
#2pothocketPosted 7/18/2014 5:36:42 AM
Yes. It's one of the few games that really understands how to present a narrative in an interactive medium and because of this it is (I think) the best example we have of games being art.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#3DC07301981Posted 7/18/2014 5:38:07 AM
I watched my brother play it for a little while and thought it was cool. I myself have never gotten into it but it does look interesting.
#4Killah PriestPosted 7/18/2014 5:38:46 AM
lol not even close.

I liked portal but to me it was just a slightly amusing game with some decent dialog at certain points. Nothing special, nothing I'd like preserve and want the future to play or anything.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5GjainPosted 7/18/2014 6:06:18 AM
Killah Priest posted...
lol not even close.

I liked portal but to me it was just a slightly amusing game with some decent dialog at certain points. Nothing special, nothing I'd like preserve and want the future to play or anything.

Just curious what title or titles would fit yours and other description of the tc title....
#6ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/18/2014 6:07:05 AM
pothocket posted...
the best example we have of games being art.

Something that only matters to pretentious middle class people. Nobody else cares, because it literally makes no difference whether games are art or not.
#7Ikari GendoPosted 7/18/2014 6:08:10 AM
Didn't blow my mind, but I liked it a lot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#8AlavardPosted 7/18/2014 6:14:12 AM
My mind had already been blown during the very reveal first trailers for the game - the one that ended with GladOS saying 'now you're thinking with portals'.

Specifically, it was watching how seamless stepping into a portal was.
---
Too much idiot, not enough savant.
#9Killah PriestPosted 7/18/2014 6:17:09 AM
Just curious what title or titles would fit yours and other description of the tc title....

Haven't really put much thought into it other than if portal would qualify or not, it doesn't.

Don't think there is a game out there that has blown my mind... but I could probably create a short list of games I'd "preserve for future" if I were willing to put the effort into it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10Blobs_Posted 7/18/2014 6:18:01 AM
Portal is pretty cool, but not mind blow cool.

At least not for me I guess :P
---
is haha