This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Portal blow your mind the first time you played it?

#31BadDecisionsPosted 7/18/2014 8:21:26 AM
It was okay. A little long for the concept, and actually very annoying because it was literally omnipresent online for two years after it came out.

DMC3 is art, Portal is junkfood.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfHZxlQk1Us
I am so YouTube famous.
#32importvitaPosted 7/18/2014 8:28:33 AM
I'll be honest, I don't really see what the big deal is surrounding Portal. It's a fine game and all but I don't think it's worth all the hype.
#33GoldninjaPosted 7/18/2014 8:31:28 AM
Didn't blow me away, but it was a really fun game. It was way to short to my liking though. Funny enough, I still haven't played Portal 2.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#34robert022614Posted 7/18/2014 8:35:14 AM
Did not blow my mind, but was still fun and unique.
#35TheCuddlyKnifePosted 7/18/2014 8:35:15 AM
sweet, i broke the tie at 85/85. anyways, i voted no, but part two blew my mind for sure. part one was excellent, but something about it felt off. because of this, i really didn't keep up with any media for part two as it was nearing launch, and when i did play it, i had almost no expectations, only the one of me thinking it would be a slightly bigger version of the first. i was wrong.
---
umopapisdnpuaq
#36axelfooley2k5Posted 7/18/2014 8:38:53 AM(edited)
Killah Priest posted...
lol not even close.

I liked portal but to me it was just a slightly amusing game with some decent dialog at certain points. Nothing special, nothing I'd like preserve and want the future to play or anything.

opposite of this

it was different and very much appreciated
#37NicoC96Posted 7/18/2014 8:36:53 AM
Mind blowing in the fact that it was just a little intern project that Valve threw into the Orange Box. The puzzles were really good. Portal 2 was a much better game in terms of both the narrative and puzzles combined. In terms of the game itself blowing my mind, that has to go to Bioshock Infinite. At the end when all the pieces fell into the right places and it finally clicked for me, wonderful. Makes me want to play the first two.
#38TeraPatrick2008Posted 7/18/2014 8:38:43 AM
Why are you kids so obsessed with stuff BLOWING YOUR MIND?!
It would blow my mind when aliens would openly contact us and visit planet earth. Portal 1 & 2 are great, I loved it - but you have a serious problem if a video game blows your mind.
#39AcquirePosted 7/18/2014 8:49:23 AM
No. If the game wasn't so short I wouldn't have finished it. Found the gameplay and early narrative pretty boring. The last bits were pretty good though. Had similar problems with portal 2. That one had a great narrative throughout, but the gameplay was still pretty boring. The ancient source engine just puts me off as well.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#40CraiCrushnaPosted 7/18/2014 8:57:38 AM
No. It's a brain dead game that si way too easy. Try to make a real game valve.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5721070
Carpetfresh(Xbox and PS3) Crai Crushna(League of Legends)