This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So yet again a game has broken on steam and I can't fix it.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So yet again a game has broken on steam and I can't fix it.
1 year ago#1
Since the new episode of walking dead is out in a few days I decided to hop on and make sure everything was working. Good job I did it now rather than later.

For some reason now everytime I load up the game I get greeted with a white box that covers about a quarter of my screen. The sound plays fine. Changing the stuff in the launch options to stuff like -autoconfig does nothing. The last time this happened I had to delete everything to do with walking dead season 2 off my computer and because aves are randomly kept in the same place as the settings I had to delete all my saves too and start over again.

I tried going into the properties of the application in task manager and setting is resolution to 600x400 all I got then was my entire screen covered in white.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
1 year ago#2
alt+enter, change resolution
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
1 year ago#3
nickizgr8 posted...
I had to delete everything to do with walking dead season 2 off my computer and because aves are randomly kept in the same place as the settings I had to delete all my saves too and start over again.

why didn't you move the save files and move them back?
---
"First come smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire."
1 year ago#4
SilentHawk29 posted...
alt+enter, change resolution

Yeah, did this and I was able to fix it, thanks. Only problem is I can only enter fullscreen in 1280x720. I can go into windowed 1920x1080 but I get a bar at the top which I can't seem to remove.

more_cow_bell posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
I had to delete everything to do with walking dead season 2 off my computer and because aves are randomly kept in the same place as the settings I had to delete all my saves too and start over again.

why didn't you move the save files and move them back?

I thought the saves would be uploaded to the steam servers like some other games are. Apparently not hehe. I would have done that this time but I wanted to check if there was another solution. Just to be on the safe side so if I messed up copying the massive amount of saves it makes for one playthrough it wouldn't be as bad.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So yet again a game has broken on steam and I can't fix it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived