This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starbound hasn't had a significant update in months.

#131oomomowPosted 7/23/2014 2:07:58 PM
codyorr posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
oomomow posted...
Is the game early access or beta? If I understand Ea or beta correctly, you pay to test the game out. Maybe they're releasing it soon. If they were to release it soon, why would they give beta testers the whole game via updates making it so that there's literally no reason to buy the actual game?

They said beta, but they then released it on early access, which is something people didn't preorder. It's basically nothing but semantics so that nobody can get refunds.

It would be like if people in the Destiny beta had to download it through Steam early access, which would then make them ineligible for refunds.

Even though they still just call it a beta on their site. https://i.imgur.com/r9ZAZoN.png

It's an ALPHA. It will never be anything more. I have an Alpha of Dusk of the Dead sitting around here somewhere.

Isn't alpha exactly that, an extremely early and incomplete version of the game? Aren't you suppose to not suppose to expect the whole game when you buy the alpha?
---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#132ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 3:47:41 PM
oomomow posted...
Isn't alpha exactly that, an extremely early and incomplete version of the game? Aren't you suppose to not suppose to expect the whole game when you buy the alpha?

Starbound is an extremely incomplete version of a game that was supposed to come out in 2013, and they're calling it a beta.
#133ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:15:43 AM
Bump