This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starbound hasn't had a significant update in months.

#71ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 3:52:09 PM
ayyy lmao
#72r7gerrabbitPosted 7/20/2014 3:58:08 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Weren't you into Dwarf Fortress? That just had a 2 year period between updates following (IIRC) another 2 year delay between updates.

Dwarf Fortress is being made by one guy as a hobby. Nothing more.
It is his pet project, and he's just sharing it with the world for fun.

Starbound is an actual product being marketed and sold.
---
Sig.
#73ChromaticAngelPosted 7/20/2014 4:00:51 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Weren't you into Dwarf Fortress? That just had a 2 year period between updates following (IIRC) another 2 year delay between updates.

also here is a to-scale map of Starbound's content compared to Dwarf Fortress' content

Starbound Content: ##### <- that's the content bar
Dwarf Fortress Content: I can't actually post it since there is a limit of 4096 characters in a gamefaqs post.
---
RPG Spotlight: Eschalon: Book I http://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_i
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/mZ36ePrC
#74Cool_Dude667Posted 7/20/2014 4:10:09 PM
Well this sucks, I always heard Starbound would eclipse Terraria and I was looking forward to being sucked into a 2d world again for weeks........ :(
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#75JohnnyKoochPosted 7/20/2014 4:31:59 PM
I have to agree. I pre-ordered Starbound, and when I finally was able to play it, the game just looked, ran, and played so awful.

To this day the game is just as ugly, the combat is completely un-satisfying, the UI is a bit clunky, and it takes SOOOO LONG to mine anything. I'm not sure if there's a faster "pickaxe" that you can craft but I really really really CAN'T play it that longer than five minutes.

I, like many of my peers, remember the hype for this game.
SO much promise. I remember waiting so long.
And TC and the linked review actually brought up things I forgot, like release date promises and things like that.

I have extreme regret for putting in my 15 bucks into the piles of, what, millions?
For nothing.
It's still a pile of junk that feels so ugly to look and play.
You can't pin it on early access anymore.

Nobody can do things at their own pace anymore, not since Minecraft, which is where this whole early access thing really started to pick up.

I always figured these devs were getting lazy and looking at their project differently since seeing the numbers.
#76RavenoussdPosted 7/20/2014 4:41:49 PM
is starbound an early access game? if so hahahaha
---
gamefaqs posters = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwchohlMjI
#77SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2014 3:01:08 AM(edited)
ChromaticAngel posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...

also here is a to-scale map of Starbound's content compared to Dwarf Fortress' content

Starbound Content: ##### <- that's the content bar
Dwarf Fortress Content: I can't actually post it since there is a limit of 4096 characters in a gamefaqs post.

People still support it financially as an unfinished game and don't complain about it. You don't many see people complaining about Grim Dawn either, that's only been in act 1 and 2 for like a year now.

It's just a silly complaint. Complains about updates. Does not bother with the nightly builds. IMO, if people are concerned about the progress, they should be playing the nighlies, otherwise, it just sounds like they are expecting the beta to be a full game.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#78ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:06:53 AM
It's just a silly complaint. Complains about updates. Does not bother with the nightly builds. IMO, if people are concerned about the progress, they should be playing the nighlies, otherwise, it just sounds like they are expecting the beta to be a full game.

The nightlies don't add anything. They're unsubstantial, unstable nothings. Latest nightly was supposed to fix performance. Nope. And again, the game was supposed to come out in 2013, and it hasn't had a substantial stable update in like 8 months. The developers also shouldn't be acting like children.
#79SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2014 5:19:13 AM(edited)
I think you're missing the point of a beta. Frankly, if they are having performance issues, they should be working on that instead of new content anyway.

Is it the devs acting unprofessional, or the moderators/community manager? Is moderating libel on their own website unprofessional?
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#80ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:21:17 AM
I think you're missing the point of a beta. Frankly, if they are having performance issues, they should be working on that instead of new content anyway.

I think you're missing the point that they're not doing anything. The one thing they've done, they screwed up.

Is it the devs acting unprofessional, or the moderators/community manager? Is moderating libel on their own website unprofessional?

https://i.imgur.com/j8TJnaI.jpg