This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starbound hasn't had a significant update in months.

#91majinbuu58Posted 7/21/2014 6:11:56 AM
Imagine actually arguing with shadow...

He's easily one of the worst posters on this site.

And he brought enough tin foil hat for the whole class!
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#92ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:37:51 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
Imagine actually arguing with shadow...

He's easily one of the worst posters on this site.

And he brought enough tin foil hat for the whole class!

You should totally buy Starbound.
#93ClouddxPosted 7/21/2014 7:03:53 AM
I've been enjoying Starbound despite it's lack of updates. I believe the devs wish to release a big update instead of updating the game every time they fix something.

The game is still fun and IMO that's all that matters. I've played well over the $1/h mark making it worth every bit of the $15 I spent.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#94PanopictonguyPosted 7/21/2014 7:18:02 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Plays early release of game still in development. Gets mad because it's not constantly being pumped with new content by the developers while they're developing.

Takes a situation they know nothing about. Acts like they aren't oversimplifying it. You should read this review that was written and compiled by a genius. :^)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sweetjbro/recommended/211820/

Question? Why read a review on a game that isn't complete? What are they reviewing? The development process?

Publisher backed development teams take years to complete a game.

You're complaining because a team of maybe 10 who were developing a game from different locations isn't making it a full game fast enough?

I swear people get privileges like early access and feel entitled. Nobody here bought Starbound. You pre ordered and offered financial support to the development group. As a PRIVILEGE you're allowed to play the unfinished product. And people are literally reviewing the unfinished product.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#95ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 1:02:32 PM(edited)
Panopictonguy posted...
Why read a review on a game that isn't complete?

Why sell a game that isn't complete?

Panopictonguy posted...
What are they reviewing?

The product being sold. For money.

Panopictonguy posted...
I swear people get privileges like early access and feel entitled.

People preordered for the full game. Early access was never mentioned when preorders first went up. Now, Chuckelfish feels entitled to keep people's money for preorders that haven't been met yet, and you feel entitled to defend such practices.

Question.

If people preorder Destiny, and get nothing but the beta for 8 months, with no release date for the full game, are they not entitled to a refund?
#96Worknofun370Posted 7/21/2014 1:16:44 PM
If people preorder Destiny, and get nothing but the beta for 8 months, with no release date for the full game, are they not entitled to a refund?

Are you entitled to a refund of other pre-orders that you don't get any access to a beta or similar on?

(Honest question I don't do the entire pre-order bit so I have no clue if you can get refunds on those.)
---
hasa diga eebowai
#97ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 1:27:28 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
Are you entitled to a refund of other pre-orders that you don't get any access to a beta or similar on?

You are always entitled to a refund on preorders.
#98Worknofun370Posted 7/21/2014 1:34:40 PM
Worknofun370 posted...

You are always entitled to a refund on preorders.

Sweet.

In that case, if the pre-orders were legit pre-orders and didn't say anything about early access satisfying the pre-order. Then yeah, I would say they're entitled to a refund.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#99SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2014 7:05:24 PM(edited)
Actually, you're never entitled to a refund on anything. That's just something we've grown accustomed to.

Pre-orders were always offered primarily as a means to fund development though. They were pretty explicit about that. No Idea why someone would pre-order the game to fund its being made and then want to get their money back.

Also, they made a few announcements considering upcoming content releases today.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#100ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 7:58:17 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Actually, you're never entitled to a refund on anything.

So you couldn't get your $5 back from Gamestop if you change your mind?

Pre-orders were always offered primarily as a means to fund development though. They were pretty explicit about that. No Idea why someone would pre-order the game to fund its being made and then want to get their money back.

Because they preordered the game. And they didn't get what they preordered. Early access isn't what people preordered at the beginning.

Also, they made a few announcements considering upcoming content releases today.

No, they side stepped the issue, and got torn to shreds on Reddit.