This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Done with Corsair

#11PraetorXynPosted 7/19/2014 8:12:53 AM
At least somebody is finally speaking out against their subpar keyboards. I'm so sick of everyone riding Corsair's d*** over those keyboards that don't begin to compete with Deck, Filco, etc. but have Deck/Filco prices.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#12ShubPosted 7/19/2014 8:14:41 AM
Killah Priest posted...
they make you pay to return the item

Just for the record, and to be fair, most companies work that way. You ship to them on your dime, they ship to you on their dime.
Sounds like you've had quite a bit of bad luck with them though.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#13Killah Priest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 8:19:27 AM(edited)
I like the keyboard I just don't like the LEDs dying.

I also got the k70 for like 50 dollars.

edit: $45.70 was the total for my keyboard.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14Killah Priest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 8:17:30 AM
Just for the record, and to be fair, most companies work that way. You ship to them on your dime, they ship to you on their dime.
Sounds like you've had quite a bit of bad luck with them though.

well I did admit that I may be spoiled by logitech and microsoft basically bending over backwards for me whenever I have an issue.
---
#15TheMoonJumperPosted 7/19/2014 9:35:15 AM
Killah Priest posted...
after having every single corsair product in my current build die on me in less than a year I'm looking for alternatives to replace these things.

We have an h100i which I've already gone through 3 of in less than a year.
We have an AX1200i which I've gone through 2 of them in less than a year.
We have some ddr3 1333mhz ram that blue screens at 1333mhz and only runs at 1066.
We have an 800D whose side panel won't stay on and drive clips fell off of.
We have a K70 which has dead LEDS

This company has fallen so far from grace I'm done, not to mention you have to harass them to respond to RMAs and they make you pay to return the item.

I've never had an issue with any Corsair product. Take better care of your stuff.. what are you? 12 years old?
---
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold
#16Orestes417Posted 7/19/2014 9:44:05 AM
That's some astonishingly bad luck bro. Congratulations on being the one guy in statistics that manages to get mauled by two different species of bear at once while swimming in the ocean.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#17Digital StormPosted 7/19/2014 9:53:21 AM
I've got a H100i, a K90 keyboard, a Vengeance headset and some RAM from Corsair, so far the only things that haven't had to have an RMA was the cooler and the RAM. The headset is on it's 3rd RMA because there's a design defect with it and the keyboard is just wonky and sitting in a box in storage.

I think I'll stick with Logitech in the future for peripherals.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#18Killah Priest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 11:50:33 AM
That's some astonishingly bad luck bro. Congratulations on being the one guy in statistics that manages to get mauled by two different species of bear at once while swimming in the ocean.

Thats what I get for ignoring the sign saying "warning multiple bear species do not swim"
---
#19MaddSciencePosted 7/19/2014 12:39:38 PM
corsair's customer service for the most part is amazing. they don't make you come out anymore than what's standard industry wide. they replace products that aren't even broken for you and usually with brand new, sealed replacements. however, they have fallen firmly into boring and uninspired territory. their legion of loyal fans they won is still strong, but most of their products are simply bested totally or at least in value by competing products. cases and power supplies they are very hard to even recommend these days. they replaced my H100I quickly with a new one. they sent me the top part to my 500R free of charge when all I needed was the mesh. nobody is perfect and I feel they don't make a good value proposition like they used to, but I would rather push fr them to improve things again than boycott their products.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
#20gastamanPosted 7/19/2014 12:55:43 PM
I've had extremely good luck with the Corsair parts in my current build. Can't speak for their accessories, as I've never tried them, though. My PC runs 24/7 and the o ly thing Corsair that has gone out on me is one of the stock 120mm fans on my H100.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200