This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Done with Corsair

#21cuteboi100Posted 7/19/2014 2:03:28 PM(edited)
Killah Priest posted...

I know how gamefaqs is, this is all expected.

So you're putting up the "I don't care what you say, it doesn't bother me" front.

Edit: Corsair products have varying quality, some are solid and on some they cut corners to save money.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#22AlleRacingPosted 7/19/2014 2:19:57 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
At least somebody is finally speaking out against their subpar keyboards. I'm so sick of everyone riding Corsair's d*** over those keyboards that don't begin to compete with Deck, Filco, etc. but have Deck/Filco prices.

Genuinely curious, what makes Filco or Deck better?

MaddScience posted...
corsair's customer service for the most part is amazing. they don't make you come out anymore than what's standard industry wide. they replace products that aren't even broken for you and usually with brand new, sealed replacements. however, they have fallen firmly into boring and uninspired territory. their legion of loyal fans they won is still strong, but most of their products are simply bested totally or at least in value by competing products. cases and power supplies they are very hard to even recommend these days. they replaced my H100I quickly with a new one. they sent me the top part to my 500R free of charge when all I needed was the mesh. nobody is perfect and I feel they don't make a good value proposition like they used to, but I would rather push fr them to improve things again than boycott their products.

I've generally noticed this as well. Corsair seemed to really be with it a couple years ago, and now that they've got a bunch of consumer loyalty, they're selling a lot more low end, low quality products.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#23RunFromThisGunPosted 7/19/2014 2:32:35 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
I have a HX750 still going strong since August 2012.
I have a 600T White Edition , panel and clips still work since August 2012.

Seconded. The case isn't the quietest with the stock fans but it's solid as ****.
#24mikewu1Posted 7/19/2014 2:33:55 PM
I never buy Corsair to start with so Im good.
#25PraetorXynPosted 7/20/2014 11:33:42 AM
AlleRacing posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
At least somebody is finally speaking out against their subpar keyboards. I'm so sick of everyone riding Corsair's d*** over those keyboards that don't begin to compete with Deck, Filco, etc. but have Deck/Filco prices.

Genuinely curious, what makes Filco or Deck better?

MaddScience posted...
corsair's customer service for the most part is amazing. they don't make you come out anymore than what's standard industry wide. they replace products that aren't even broken for you and usually with brand new, sealed replacements. however, they have fallen firmly into boring and uninspired territory. their legion of loyal fans they won is still strong, but most of their products are simply bested totally or at least in value by competing products. cases and power supplies they are very hard to even recommend these days. they replaced my H100I quickly with a new one. they sent me the top part to my 500R free of charge when all I needed was the mesh. nobody is perfect and I feel they don't make a good value proposition like they used to, but I would rather push fr them to improve things again than boycott their products.

I've generally noticed this as well. Corsair seemed to really be with it a couple years ago, and now that they've got a bunch of consumer loyalty, they're selling a lot more low end, low quality products.

Filco is just quality all around, but they don't make backlit keyboards.

Deck makes only backlit keyboards, but I will only speak of the Legend because that's what I have and they have just released a few new boards that look worse to me.

On the Legend, every key has an individual LED underneath it, rather than a few keys having LED's and using diffusers to spread the light around under the keys.

The way Deck prints keycaps is a custom double shot molding process. The key is in two pieces, a black outer skirt, and a white inner key with ridges on the edge that fit into the skirt. They take the white piece and heat it up to an extremely high temperature, then set black dye on it in a pattern where everything except the letter will be dyed black. The black dye subliminates into the melted plastic and becomes a part of it as it hardens. This is why the lettering will never rub off or wear on any of Deck's keyboards. This is also why Deck's keyboards are so expensive, and they are the only ones that use a process like this.

The chassis of the Deck Legend is made by Deck's parent company TG3 electronics, and is the same chassis they use (or at least used to use) in police cars, so it's built to survive high speed chases on a regular basis. I think the Deck Legend altogether weighs about 4.5 lbs.

The Legend comes in two varieties, one with Cherry MX Clear switches and one with Cherry MX Black switches. The Clear variety is available in blue and white lighting while the Black version is available in Blue, Red, and Green (maybe white as well I can't remember).

I use the one with Red LED's because red is easier on the eyes than the other two ends of the color spectrum and the only time I depend on the lighting is when I'm in a nearly dark room so there won't be any glare on my screen.

The Legend's cable comes in either PS2 for full N-key rollover or USB for 6-key rollover. The cable can be reversed however. If you open up the Legend, the cable is USB on one end and PS2 on the other. You can turn it around, then if you're going from USB to PS2 you have to clip a resistor and remove it, or if you're going from PS2 to USB you have to solder a resistor back into place there.

TL;DR: Deck and Filco have a build quality that Corsair lacks to justify their premium prices.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#26AlleRacingPosted 7/20/2014 12:13:02 PM
Well, I didn't know about the keycaps, though I've never had issue with letters rubbing off on me. Also, are Decks and Filcos really that much sturdier than the Corsairs? The K70 is about 4 lbs and aluminum. I'm pretty sure I could beat a man to death with it and have it sustain minimal damage afterward. If a Deck beats that, well, I'm kind of impressed.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#27ClouddxPosted 7/20/2014 12:21:34 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...
Well, I didn't know about the keycaps, though I've never had issue with letters rubbing off on me. Also, are Decks and Filcos really that much sturdier than the Corsairs? The K70 is about 4 lbs and aluminum. I'm pretty sure I could beat a man to death with it and have it sustain minimal damage afterward. If a Deck beats that, well, I'm kind of impressed.

Yes, Deck keyboards are amazing man. I have a Legend and an 82. The 82 is actually the model that cops use. It has metal plating on the bottom of it, and it's extremely sturdy. Also the stabilizers they use are amazing. Most mechanical keyboards have a ton of wobble on the space bar, Deck Keyboards don't. Also as the other guy stated their keycaps will never get worn or rubbed off. It's an overall amazing product. I've had my 82 for about 4 years no with no problems what-so-ever.

The 82 is only about 2lbs, but you could bash someones head in with it and the keyboard would still be in perfect condition. The casing is interchangeable so the keyboard is highly customizable unlike most keyboards out there.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#28Love_Me_SexyPosted 7/20/2014 12:21:43 PM
Yes, Corsair is sub-par. We should all know that yet quite a few people think they are the best.

They are the new Razer.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#29The GlomePosted 7/20/2014 9:49:45 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Thats what I get for ignoring the sign saying "warning multiple bear species do not swim"

lol this made me crack up.
---
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades." - Demetri Martin
#30The GlomePosted 7/20/2014 9:50:55 PM
I actually had a Corsair mouse that died on me after 15 days, the mouse-wheel broke and the side buttons didn't work either. Replaced it with a Chinese knockoff, a "Mazer" and it has worked perfectly.
---
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades." - Demetri Martin