This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In the Sims 3 what Lots do i NEED in order to play all features?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In the Sims 3 what Lots do i NEED in order to play all features?
1 year ago#1
Big maps are a big laggier, but mostly in a massive sprawling city with 60 houses and 200+ Sims It's just too big for me to care.

So I've scoured a few empty worlds, and I've practiced in the edior a bit, so I can put stuff in, I just don't know what stuff I'd need.

Like A University, and a Business school? These worm hole things? I have all the EP's,
---
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy
1 year ago#2
Only user created maps have everything. There is no Official world that has everything.

I think Lucky Palms (or whatever the name is) is the biggest world you can buy with enough space for everything
---
Combo breaker!!!!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14385270766/
1 year ago#3
Your best bet is to just edit things to your liking. There's usually a number of empty houses, empty lots, and 'useless' lots (like the hangouts or visitor allowed places that you can replace with actual bars/parks/etc. with the relevant expansion) that you can remove/bulldoze to put whatever you want there.

Your best bet is to leave the 'travel' location lots in their respective places; i.e. you don't need a university building in your main town since you can get there by going to university (and without mods, a lot of university lots don't work in home towns); same with the World Adventures lots and To the Future lots.

Other than that, most of the ambitions lots are fun to have; junkyard, fire station, salon, etc. At least one or two bars from Late Night (or you can edit your Showtime and/or Supernatural venues into bars by placing the professional bar counters there instead of the default juice counters), the Seasons park for the neighborhood, etc.

Isla Paradiso is the odd one, since it's a royal pain to get houseboat docks and diving spots in other worlds (you can do it with console commands, but it's still a huge pain and you have to make them yourself), and features like the Kraken can't be used at all outside of that neighborhood. Your best bet is getting the Traveler mod from Nraas (most of his mods are amazing, and you can edit them yourself if you know how to customize them even further), so you can just use Isla Paradiso as a vacation destination. You could even do that with all neighborhoods, so you don't have to do too much editing of your main town, but then you have to deal with loading screens if you want to use a venue in a specific neighborhood.

You can always use user created maps as well, but most of the ones I've seen look ugly, and have no Sims in them until Story Progression (or you) move some in.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
1 year ago#4
DarkLaguna posted...
Your best bet is to leave the 'travel' location lots in their respective places; i.e. you don't need a university building in your main town since you can get there by going to university

Could you or anyone reading this be kind enough to explain this to me please? If I don't put a building in, then how exactly would I send my Sim to University please?
---
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. In the Sims 3 what Lots do i NEED in order to play all features?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived