This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#1Bill_BurrPosted 7/19/2014 8:29:31 PM
I know a lot of you don't care what people play their games on but for the few that do I just wanted to say... I prefer consoles. Im typing on my phone which is what I use for all my internet needs. I have a laptop which I never use because I don't really need it.

I don't want to play games on PC, not because of lack of money, but because I prefer the user interface and simplicity of a console.

If that isn't enough then here are more reasons.

I don't care about graphics. Honestly I don't. I can't tell you what any of my games run at on my ps4, xbox one, or 360. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can play it. It could all be at 720p and 30fps and I wouldn't care.

I'm married and have a full time job, I do not have the time to sink into getting good at Dota or league of legends, or any mmo out there. Also no time for day z or minecraft or anything like that. I still haven't beaten watch dogs and I got it on day one.

I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc... I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for.

I don't enjoy sitting at a computer desk on my time off. I enjoy playing on a big screen so my wife and I can kind of be together on the couch.

All of my friends are not PC gamers. Most of them bought an xbox one this generation. I bought both because I really like their exclusives, and the exclusives are not found on the PC.

I prefer physical media. I like having the game in my hand/on the shelf. Letting my friends borrow my games and me borrowing theirs.

And one more thing to just throw out there, I love first person shooters with a controller. I honestly can't/don't want to play an fps with a mouse.

I'm tired of people saying "peasant box" or "PC master race". I could easily spend 3000 dollars right now and get an excellent PC to play games on but I don't want/need it. Thank you and sorry for the blogfaqs.
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#2MithrilMonarchPosted 7/19/2014 9:09:06 PM(edited)
As a person who also prefers consoles, I gotta say, you're extremely ignorant, and wrong on many levels.

I don't want to play games on PC, not because of lack of money, but because I prefer the user interface and simplicity of a console.

I agree with this.

I don't care about graphics. Honestly I don't. I can't tell you what any of my games run at on my ps4, xbox one, or 360. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can play it. It could all be at 720p and 30fps and I wouldn't care.

Fair enough, not everybody is picky.

I'm married and have a full time job, I do not have the time to sink into getting good at Dota or league of legends, or any mmo out there. Also no time for day z or minecraft or anything like that. I still haven't beaten watch dogs and I got it on day one.

Nobody says you HAVE to play these games if you play games on a PC.

I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc... I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for.

With the exception of Naughty Dog games and Gears, all of those listed games are available on Steam and other platforms such as Origin.

I don't enjoy sitting at a computer desk on my time off. I enjoy playing on a big screen so my wife and I can kind of be together on the couch.

You can hook a computer up to a television set.

All of my friends are not PC gamers. Most of them bought an xbox one this generation. I bought both because I really like their exclusives, and the exclusives are not found on the PC.

Fair enough. It's a taste thing.

I prefer physical media. I like having the game in my hand/on the shelf. Letting my friends borrow my games and me borrowing theirs.

While not as popular, physical PC games do exist. But I do see what you mean, I also dislike digital. I still buy digital games though, when they're low in cost.

And one more thing to just throw out there, I love first person shooters with a controller. I honestly can't/don't want to play an fps with a mouse.

Kool

I'm tired of people saying "peasant box" or "PC master race". I could easily spend 3000 dollars right now and get an excellent PC to play games on but I don't want/need it. Thank you and sorry for the blogfaqs.

Those people are full of it. PC gaming is far from perfect. Also, to get a PC that's up to snuff with a PS4/Xbox One, you only need to spend about $700. Maybe even less.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
#3BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 9:07:03 PM
More power to ya honestly, but PC doesn't have exclusives?

Did you just not name several that are only on pc? If you are going to troll even mildly do it right at least man.

You do know you can literally just link your living room tv to your computer right?

More power to ya on the consoles preference man, but please do your research if you are serious, over half of your statements make no sense in comparison.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#4MyDogSkipPosted 7/19/2014 9:09:05 PM
And you felt compelled to preach your ignorance here for what reason?
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#5Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:10:51 PM(edited)
I don't consider Dota or league triple a.

I know about big picture mode and don't care. Most people play at desks with monitors and that was what I was basing my argument on. What the majority of people do.
---
#6BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 9:11:11 PM
oh I see now, his tag says it all. Hes no adult, what adult puts kid in all of his tags.

Might as well be named "Gamerkid"
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#7Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 9:11:51 PM
I just own consoles and a PC. Hell my Vita is my favorite console right now. What you gonna do about it? I can hop from a Vita game to steam to the Wii to my PS4.

I loves me choices in life!
#8pwnater777Posted 7/19/2014 9:12:03 PM
Some of my favorite PC exclusives:

- StarCraft 2
- Civilization V
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- Diablo II
- ArmA II
- SimCity 4
- The Witcher

None of which are indie.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:14:08 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
As a person who also prefers consoles, I gotta say, you're extremely ignorant, and wrong on many levels.

I agree with this.

Fair enough, not everybody is picky.

Nobody says you HAVE to play these games if you play games on a PC.

With the exception of Naughty Dog games and Gears, all of those listed games are available on Steam and other platforms such as Origin.

You can hook a computer up to a television set.

Fair enough. It's a taste thing.

While not as popular, physical PC games do exist. But I do see what you mean, I also dislike digital. I still buy digital games though, when they're low in cost.

Kool

Those people are full of it. PC gaming is far from perfect. Also, to get a PC that's up to snuff with a PS4/Xbox One, you only need to spend about $700. Maybe even less.

Thank you and I know it wouldn't cost 3000 for a computer. But if I were to get one I would go all out on everything and that's what I would put as a budget on my PC if I were too get one.

And yes I know creed and such are also on PC but again I prefer playing games on consoles and since they are on consoles I don't need a PC
---
#10Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:15:30 PM
Biglabron posted...
oh I see now, his tag says it all. Hes no adult, what adult puts kid in all of his tags.

Might as well be named "Gamerkid"

I'm 24, made the tags when I was 18 and into anime. Death the kid is a character from the anime Soul eater. It's lame I know. I've thought about changing it but does it really matter?
---