This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/19/2014 9:16:15 PM
1/10 because I'm feeling generous.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#12Knighted DragonPosted 7/19/2014 9:17:52 PM
Biglabron posted...
oh I see now, his tag says it all. Hes no adult, what adult puts kid in all of his tags.

Might as well be named "Gamerkid"

It's a Soul Eater reference, and your name on the internet doesn't mean much. Judging by your tag you must be a large black basketball player
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#13Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:20:50 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Some of my favorite PC exclusives:

- StarCraft 2
- Civilization V
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- Diablo II
- ArmA II
- SimCity 4
- The Witcher

None of which are indie.

I know the PC has exclusives that are not indie.
I'm sorry if I forgot one of my reasons. I'm not into real time strategy games. Sim city I don't like. Diablo is fine.

It's not that I wouldn't play some of these games but I prefer consoles.

If you enjoy these games I'm glad, my point is I prefer consoles and I'm tired of hearing why I should get a PC and not buy consoles
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#14Chaos_MissilePosted 7/19/2014 9:21:10 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
I don't consider Dota or league triple a.

I know about big picture mode and don't care. Most people play at desks with monitors and that was what I was basing my argument on. What the majority of people do.

The power about PC is all about choices: you're not forced to follow one set of standard; you're free to do your own thing.

If you want to game with a controller, by all means do so. If you want to hook up your CPU to a big-screen TV and play from there, by all means do so. If you want to play AAA games or smaller but just as fun indie games, by all means DO SO.

It would be YOUR own fault that you think PC is so "limiting".

Nobody is stopping you from doing those things but yourself

Random Fun Fact: a console is a PC, a PC is not a console
Random Fun Fact 2: a console is a luxury, a PC is generally a neccesity in this day and age. Most everyone would have a PC, not everyone has a console
Random Fun Fact 3: the only difference between the UI for a console game and a PC game is the existence of a cursor, which makes it easier and faster to browse through menus. So, you're being a hypocrite when you say you dislike a game's UI on the PC when they're the exact same design
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#15LOLIAmAnAltPosted 7/19/2014 9:22:18 PM
TC, you won!
How does it feel?
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#16Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:28:47 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
I don't consider Dota or league triple a.

I know about big picture mode and don't care. Most people play at desks with monitors and that was what I was basing my argument on. What the majority of people do.

The power about PC is all about choices: you're not forced to follow one set of standard; you're free to do your own thing.

If you want to game with a controller, by all means do so. If you want to hook up your CPU to a big-screen TV and play from there, by all means do so. If you want to play AAA games or smaller but just as fun indie games, by all means DO SO.

It would be YOUR own fault that you think PC is so "limiting".

Nobody is stopping you from doing those things but yourself

Random Fun Fact: a console is a PC, a PC is not a console
Random Fun Fact 2: a console is a luxury, a PC is generally a neccesity in this day and age. Most everyone would have a PC, not everyone has a console
Random Fun Fact 3: the only difference between the UI for a console game and a PC game is the existence of a cursor, which makes it easier and faster to browse through menus. So, you're being a hypocrite when you say you dislike a game's UI on the PC when they're the exact same design

I never said a PC was limiting. I like the consoles because they are limited and simple. I like achievements and trophys. I like the friends lists and party chat system. I like the way it looks when I boot up the xbox one and ps4.
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
#17rx54Posted 7/19/2014 9:32:47 PM(edited)
I've had a laptop for a few years now that can run a decent amount of games at 1080p60fps med-high settings and lately I've been using it with my DS4 controller more and more than my PS4.

I've always played on consoles because it was cheaper and it was where my friends were.
I've always preferred the simplicity of a controller, even knowing for games like first person shooters that they are worse, but it doesn't matter. You don't NEED to use a keyboard and mouse on PC for any game that is also on consoles.

I have about 2 grand saved up, I'm waiting for nvidia to announce their 800 series and the second they do I'm gonna go for it. It's essentially going to be an even more powerful console for me, I still foresee myself using a controller whenever it is an option.
With a PC I can play the same games, with the same controller, with better graphics and better framerate and mods and I can adjust everything to my liking like FoV...

I've also realized owning a gaming PC is significantly cheaper than owning a console if you buy lots of games, you will save money in the long run, even though initially it can hurt to get a PC, games are way cheaper on PC.
You only have to buy the whole expensive package once, and then slowly upgrade individual parts over time at your leisure.

I also don't care about physical copies of games, and seeing the prices of digital games in the PS Store compared to Steam has made me nauseous.

I'll never get rid of my PS4, it's still the most powerful console ever made and is actually competitive with PC's for its price. Also, Bloodborne is going to be on it.

I just hope nvidia releases their new cards before October when all the big games start releasing, it would be nice to have a PC ready for them. I don't want to buy a 780 right now out of a lack of patience for the new cards to be out a month later, I'd feel dumb.

I'll wait and not get any of the new releases if I have to.
My PS4 is going to be used only for exclusives from now on.
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#18SolemnityPosted 7/19/2014 9:34:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19KingKoboPosted 7/19/2014 9:38:34 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
If you enjoy these games I'm glad, my point is I prefer consoles and I'm tired of hearing why I should get a PC and not buy consoles

Which is why you posted this on the PC board? What exactly did you hope to accomplish with this post TC? I'd imagine the PS4 or Xbone boards would be more inclined to agree with you.
#20GoIrish80Posted 7/19/2014 9:40:11 PM
That's ok, nobody is perfect. You're forgiven.