This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#101SleepComaPosted 7/21/2014 10:04:55 AM
Someone make the same topic but with PC on the console boards and link me.
---
http://gfycat.com/FoolishThinIslandwhistler
#102ClouddxPosted 7/21/2014 10:10:25 AM
SleepComa posted...

How bout no, because we aren't as immature as console only players. kthx
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#103SleepComaPosted 7/21/2014 10:11:53 AM
Clouddx posted...
SleepComa posted...

I said someone not you.
---
http://gfycat.com/FoolishThinIslandwhistler
#104KillerTrufflePosted 7/21/2014 10:26:30 AM
Clouddx posted...
SleepComa posted...

It seems some here *are* as immature as console only players. People like him hanging out on the PC board are what makes the rest of us look bad. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#105SuigintouEVPosted 7/21/2014 2:03:13 PM(edited)
Bill_Burr posted...
Im typing on my phone which is what I use for all my internet needs.

Then you're not using a keyboard, effectively wasting precious time typing on a touchpad which inherently cannot be as quick as an actual keyboard. If you prefer wasting more time doing basic things than less time, I don't know what to say. It's like saying you don't need a highway because you can get to where you want through residential streets... eventually.

I don't want to play games on PC, not because of lack of money, but because I prefer the user interface and simplicity of a console.

That just sounds like an excuse for lack of money. Console user interfaces are a necessary evil because of the limitations of controllers' ability to allow for efficient and effective use. It's not simpler, either. In order to play a game on a Playstation, you have to first go to the games folder, then select the game. To play a game on a PC, you simply have to double click the icon on the desktop.

I don't care about graphics. Honestly I don't. I can't tell you what any of my games run at on my ps4, xbox one, or 360. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can play it. It could all be at 720p and 30fps and I wouldn't care.

If you don't care, then you don't want a PS4 or a Xbox 1 either, right?

I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc...

The majority of the video games you named are available on PC, though.

Either way, if that's all you're playing on consoles, then you're a terrible console gamer, too. The strength of consoles has never been third-party multiplat AAAs because such titles always end up on PC to minimize losses - it's always been mid-budget games like Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, Zelda, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Pikmin, Devil's Third, Xenoblade X etc.

I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for

Why not? Yourself, whom does not care about graphics, has a stigma against good video games if they're not full of.......graphics?

Please.

I enjoy playing on a big screen so my wife and I can kind of be together on the couch.

Which... I do on my PC.

All of my friends are not PC gamers. Most of them bought an xbox one this generation.

And...? So?

I prefer physical media.

As do many of us.

And one more thing to just throw out there, I love first person shooters with a controller. I honestly can't/don't want to play an fps with a mouse.

You've never have actually tried it for any useful time to judge. FPS with a mouse are just plain better. I've played everything from Goldeneye on N64, COD on PS3, to Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike back in the day to Halo on both Xbox and PC.

Anyone who "prefers" controllers only does so because it's all they know. It's a proven fact that mouse aiming is more precise and reliable. You're basically saying "I prefer an Automatic Transmission over a DCT".

I'm tired of people saying "peasant box" or "PC master race".

Why?

I could easily spend 3000 dollars right now and get an excellent PC to play games on but I don't want/need it.

Then you could not "easily" do it, because if you could "easily" do it, you would. But the investment is something great enough that you can't justify it.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#106SuigintouEVPosted 7/21/2014 2:00:17 PM(edited)
Bill_Burr posted...
I don't consider Dota or league triple a.

Graphics not good enough for ya?

Most people play at desks with monitors and that was what I was basing my argument on. What the majority of people do.

Most people go and watch every new Michael Bay Transformers movie. I guess watching movies is awful.

Thank you and I know it wouldn't cost 3000 for a computer. But if I were to get one I would go all out on everything and that's what I would put as a budget on my PC if I were to get one.

So you, who claims to not care about graphics, needs a computer priced at ~180% of what most on this board would call a pretty ****ing good computer if you were to buy one?

That's just BS.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#107JKatarnPosted 7/21/2014 1:50:12 PM
Good for you? You know you're just giving trolls ammunition by posting this, right? Also, why bother posting something like this in the PC forum at all? I personally don't care why user X prefers platform Y, and I don't think anybody else does either. Play what you want on the platform you like and leave it at that.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#108JKatarnPosted 7/21/2014 1:55:38 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Some of my favorite PC exclusives:

- StarCraft 2
- Civilization V
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- Diablo II
- ArmA II
- SimCity 4
- The Witcher

None of which are indie.

I know the PC has exclusives that are not indie.
I'm sorry if I forgot one of my reasons. I'm not into real time strategy games. Sim city I don't like. Diablo is fine.

It's not that I wouldn't play some of these games but I prefer consoles.

If you enjoy these games I'm glad, my point is I prefer consoles and I'm tired of hearing why I should get a PC and not buy consoles

Perhaps stick to the console forums then? If somebody posts on the PCH forum asking for opinions on gaming platforms you can expect brutal honesty, if you want to believe that your chosen platform is the penultimate gaming experience, then stick to the console forums. Myself I play games on all platforms, but when it comes to game price/performance/visuals/customization the PC has no peer. Were it not for desirable exclusives, I'd have zero reason to own a console (I would prefer to get the better looking/performing version on the PC).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#109Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/22/2014 3:49:13 AM
very impressive... in a bad way
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#110Gandalf the IstariPosted 7/23/2014 9:33:41 AM
the_dracolich posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...
So do I - why? If I boil it down to one reason: JRPGS

AKA the 1 good game per decade genre

aka the weeaboo genre

Aka you're a racist ***hole.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310