This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#31ChickenAndJuicePosted 7/20/2014 3:44:38 AM
Why would any one us care if you prefer consoles? Are we supposed to cry and complain if you have your own reasoning for preferring consoles?

Topics like this are silly.The time you spend trying to tell us your ridiculous reasoning for liking consoles, could be better spent on doing something productive, or playing the consoles in the first place. We don't care, eitherway.
#32KingDFizzlePosted 7/20/2014 3:53:01 AM
Lonestar2000 posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
I know a lot of you don't care what people play their games on but for the few that do I just wanted to say... I prefer consoles. Im typing on my phone which is what I use for all my internet needs. I have a laptop which I never use because I don't really need it.

I don't want to play games on PC, not because of lack of money, but because I prefer the user interface and simplicity of a console.

If that isn't enough then here are more reasons.

I don't care about graphics. Honestly I don't. I can't tell you what any of my games run at on my ps4, xbox one, or 360. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can play it. It could all be at 720p and 30fps and I wouldn't care.

I'm married and have a full time job, I do not have the time to sink into getting good at Dota or league of legends, or any mmo out there. Also no time for day z or minecraft or anything like that. I still haven't beaten watch dogs and I got it on day one.

I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc... I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for.

I don't enjoy sitting at a computer desk on my time off. I enjoy playing on a big screen so my wife and I can kind of be together on the couch.

All of my friends are not PC gamers. Most of them bought an xbox one this generation. I bought both because I really like their exclusives, and the exclusives are not found on the PC.

I prefer physical media. I like having the game in my hand/on the shelf. Letting my friends borrow my games and me borrowing theirs.

And one more thing to just throw out there, I love first person shooters with a controller. I honestly can't/don't want to play an fps with a mouse.

I'm tired of people saying "peasant box" or "PC master race". I could easily spend 3000 dollars right now and get an excellent PC to play games on but I don't want/need it. Thank you and sorry for the blogfaqs.

Who gives a s***?

This is the only acceptable response to this kind of thread.

And LOL @ "I'm married with a job." PC gamers are far more likely to be older, married, and employed. Consoles appeal to teens since it's easier for Mommy and Daddy to buy it for them.
#33Death_BornPosted 7/20/2014 3:53:35 AM
If you're trying to convince people that consoles aren't inferior to PCs.. well, they are worse. The only advantage of a console is ease of use, but don't say that graphics and such don't matter at all, because they decidedly do.
#34Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/20/2014 3:57:38 AM
but don't say that graphics and such don't matter at all, because they decidedly do.

Casual spotted. Why do you even post if you're not a real gamer?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#35Death_BornPosted 7/20/2014 3:59:44 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
but don't say that graphics and such don't matter at all, because they decidedly do.

Casual spotted. Why do you even post if you're not a real gamer?

Ok, let me rephrase that. Graphics don't matter, graphical resolution matters.
#36MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/20/2014 4:14:11 AM
Bill_Burr posted...
I don't want to play games on PC, not because of lack of money, but because I prefer the user interface and simplicity of a console.

Sounds like you just need Windows 8. It's basically a console OS anyway.

Bill_Burr posted...
I don't care about graphics. Honestly I don't. I can't tell you what any of my games run at on my ps4, xbox one, or 360. It doesn't matter to me as long as I can play it. It could all be at 720p and 30fps and I wouldn't care.

Then you'd have no problems buying a $300 computer that can run everything on low instead of a $400 console.

Bill_Burr posted...
I'm married and have a full time job, I do not have the time to sink into getting good at Dota or league of legends, or any mmo out there. Also no time for day z or minecraft or anything like that. I still haven't beaten watch dogs and I got it on day one.

That doesn't even make any sense. Are you implying that GabeN himself is pointing a gun at your head, saying that if you don't play THOSE SPECIFIC GAMES for forty hours a week he'll shoot you?
What.

Bill_Burr posted...
I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc... I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for.

You know what Steam is "famous" for? What really got it popular?
Counter-Strike. THAT'S what steam is famous for.

Also, in case you somehow didn't notice, the Batman games, the ME series, GTA, etc. are all on PC.

Bill_Burr posted...
I don't enjoy sitting at a computer desk on my time off. I enjoy playing on a big screen so my wife and I can kind of be together on the couch.

Then plug in a controller and sit on your couch. You're grasping at straws here.

Bill_Burr posted...
All of my friends are not PC gamers. Most of them bought an xbox one this generation. I bought both because I really like their exclusives, and the exclusives are not found on the PC.

Ah yes, the old "My friends are on console!" argument. I may have a solution for you. Facebook.

Bill_Burr posted...
I prefer physical media. I like having the game in my hand/on the shelf. Letting my friends borrow my games and me borrowing theirs.

Then buy discs.

Bill_Burr posted...
And one more thing to just throw out there, I love first person shooters with a controller. I honestly can't/don't want to play an fps with a mouse.

That's acceptable, at best. I was gonna throw something about "You're basically admitting to being bad" in here but it's just not worth it.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#37turtlebeach21Posted 7/20/2014 4:14:38 AM
So you only like "limited" and "simple" things. Well done, slow clap for you I guess?
#38rx54Posted 7/20/2014 4:21:24 AM
turtlebeach21 posted...
So you only like "limited" and "simple" things. Well done, slow clap for you I guess?

Lol.
Criticism from someone that named themselves after Turtle Beach.
I'm done.
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#39ClashtonnPosted 7/20/2014 4:24:55 AM
So much salt in this topic.

Who cares? Some people prefer consoles. It happens. Some people prefer burgers over steak. Some people prefer cheap beer over a good craft beer. Some people like reality TV over The Wire. Some people prefer taking the subway to driving to work. And some people would rather masturbate than get laid.

You don't always have to prefer the clearly superior choice.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#40ConkerPosted 7/20/2014 4:42:07 AM
It puzzles me why someone would say they don't need the high fps and resolution from consoles but if they were going to get a PC they'd go all out on everything. That doesn't make sense.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!