This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#71Critcal50Posted 7/20/2014 11:24:16 AM
With consoles, everytime a new console comes out you have options:
1.) Sell off console and say goodbye to all the games you have and still enjoyed playing, but cant afford the space multiple consoles would occupy.
2.) Keep both. But also have a cluttered space. Especially if you have other consoles besides those two. Then everytime you want to switch, you have to hook up the console again.

When new consoles come out, you also have to worry about a gaming headset. Even if you dont care for them, many other people do. You get these PS4 only, or PS3/PS4 compatible headsets. And the company sees that as a reason to make it $50 more expensive because its compatible with multiple consoles.

Headset market for consoles is terrible compared to PC. A lot of cheap choices from reputable brands on PC like SteelSeries, Razer, Plantronics, Logitech, etc. A lot of them 5.1 headsets, pretty comfortable and cost <$100 most of the time. Console headsets are usually $150 or more. I bought this super hyped up Turtle Beach headset. I think the PX5? For like $160. Positive reviews everywhere. When I get it, the headband practically had no padding and dug into my skull. The sound was alright, but it had all these other features crammed into it that didnt deliver at all. Also the Pulse elite headset by Sony had a huge problem, it was made of plastic and fell apart. Also extremely uncomfortable. I bought a PC headset by Razer. Frame is made out of steel. Earcups and headband are soft and well padded. Sound is great. I only paid $80 for it.

Steam and Origin often have sales. Steam puts many triple A games on sale for a ridiculous price. I hardly see that on PSN or Xbox. Actually, Steam has sales everyday.

No one forces you to play indie games. But since we're talking about preference in games, I like indie and triple A games. Many indie games are unique and have fun concepts to them. And many indie devs still give you tons of FREE content. Only game I've heard of getting that is GTA V, but they're really just weapons that dont matter, or flashy cars that dont really change anything.

You can hook up a controller to a PC. I prefer shooters on a PC because I got tired of playing any "competitive" FPS and half the lobby is using aim assist. I get more precision on PC. And aim assist isnt even an option on PC FPS games. Yes, some people are marksman with a controller.

Even if you dont care about graphics, theres still framerate. Many times has games froze up because the developers tried getting as much performance as they could out of the console. This is a good idea at first, but in the end gives a pretty bad experience. Far Cry 3 and their blooming trees infront of you because the render distance is so low. Or GTA 5 having objects appear right in front of you when you're driving.

I also like playing RPGs without having to worry about saving. I just press a key to save. On console you have to press start, and save. Then wait for the save to finish. Having to constantly worry about that takes quite a bit out of immersion into a game. All I do is press a key, and keep playing while saving. Saving is a lot less of a hassle when all you have to do is press one key.

There is also fully customizable keys. Many games I've played on console that I loved, but hated the control layout. RSV2, Saints Row 2, GTA IV, etc. Uncomfortable with a button layout change it as you like. You cant do that with console though. You take the control layouts they give you.
#72samuraigaidenPosted 7/20/2014 11:34:54 AM
consoles = electronic babysitters quickly being made obsolete by smartphones and tablets

PC = professional work tool used as a toy by young and old adults with too much free time

I prefer PC
#73TehPwnzererPosted 7/20/2014 12:10:59 PM
You know TC, I give the PC board a lot of **** for the very same reasons you laid out. I find they are often intolerant of conflicting opinion, the idea of console gamers, the idea that there are some gamers that care more about playing games and what games come out for consoles than they do about the performance of those games, and a number of other problems with the PC community.

But what I don't understand is your need to reassure yourself of being a console gamer on a PC board. I mean if they want to act like idiotic children, fine- but at least they're doing it here. You on the other hand decided to actively go antagonizing them for no other reason than to piss them off. And for what? Do you really think they care that you prefer consoles? I don't understand the purpose of your rant. What are you hoping will happen? Are you just fishing for their acceptance?
#74AsucaHayashiPosted 7/20/2014 12:19:25 PM
I find they are often intolerant of idiotic, illogical and just plain dumb opinion

ftfy.

eg: I prefer big budget "triple a" games like assassins creed, batman arkham games, mass effect, gta, gears, halo, naughty dog stuff, etc... I'm not really interested in the smaller indie stuff that steam is famous for.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#75BogePosted 7/20/2014 12:25:43 PM
Bill_Burr, although a gaming PC could give you exactly what you want, I think you're just fine being a console only guy. Forget about what people say about PC gaming being the best. It is because anything consoles can do, PCs can do and better. But if you're happy with the simple console gaming experience, then embrace it, enjoy it, and don't think a second time about it.

We're all gamers and it shouldn't matter what experience we choose. It's all about how much enjoyment you get out of it. If you're happy, then no reason to stress about it otherwise.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#76Pal 080Posted 7/20/2014 12:32:07 PM(edited)
Boge posted...
We're all gamers and it shouldn't matter what experience we choose. It's all about how much enjoyment you get out of it. If you're happy, then no reason to stress about it otherwise.

Of course! Though this is obvious troll bait topic and people have fallen for it...

No different than if I go post all over Xbox 1 board about how much I hate Xbox 1, which is true, but utterly pointless for me to share with them... I'm not going to sway anyone's opinion and I'll look like a fool in the process.

You'd get equally inflammatory responses that'd make you question if all gamers are morons... there's nothing specific about the way PC gamers defend their platform of choice, fanboys come in all flavours!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#77phy2jshPosted 7/20/2014 12:36:49 PM
Could everyone stop getting trolled? It's embarrassing...
#78TheMoonJumperPosted 7/20/2014 2:19:29 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Some of my favorite PC exclusives:

- StarCraft 2
- Civilization V
- Mount & Blade: Warband
- Diablo II
- ArmA II
- SimCity 4
- The Witcher

None of which are indie.

I know the PC has exclusives that are not indie.
I'm sorry if I forgot one of my reasons. I'm not into real time strategy games. Sim city I don't like. Diablo is fine.

It's not that I wouldn't play some of these games but I prefer consoles.

If you enjoy these games I'm glad, my point is I prefer consoles and I'm tired of hearing why I should get a PC and not buy consoles

So why are you on the PC board? Do you feel the need to justify your console purchases? I don't understand the point of this topic..
---
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 520 128GB Cherryville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold
#79HomstarRunnerPosted 7/20/2014 2:29:48 PM
Ace_Steel posted...
The responses in this topic is exactly why I avoid pc gaming.

You're not doing a very good job of avoiding PC gaming considering you're posting on a PC gaming message board
---
Yoshi's Story turned me into the jaded cynic I am today ~BringerOfPie
#80XtremeWRATH360Posted 7/20/2014 5:01:07 PM
So much ignorance with the original post. You probably would be overwhelmed by PC gaming so yeah keep it simple minded and stick to consoles buddy you don't want to get in over your head.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag