This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I prefer consoles.

#81OssimFacePosted 7/20/2014 5:20:14 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Biglabron posted...
oh I see now, his tag says it all. Hes no adult, what adult puts kid in all of his tags.

Might as well be named "Gamerkid"

It's a Soul Eater reference, and your name on the internet doesn't mean much. Judging by your tag you must be a large black basketball player

LOL
#82GoreGamerPosted 7/21/2014 4:00:28 AM
I still prefer consoles because they aren't as dodgy as PC's. I agree it has gotten easier and less stressful to install games but I still have the infrequent problem here and there. I recently had to do a Steam reinstall because I got a bootstrapper error.

With a console game I can just put the disk in, the PS4 will do an automatic patch and away we go. With PC's you still have that element of unknown.
#83SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2014 4:06:20 AM
Consoles inhabit a middle ground of convenience and expense between Handhelds and PC that I don't see much of a need for.

I still buy them, but they probably only see 10% of my playtime.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#84Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/21/2014 6:13:36 AM
Life is suck for TC, and always the peasants excuses.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#85SpazH3dPosted 7/21/2014 6:26:30 AM
Bill_Burr posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Bill_Burr posted...
I don't consider Dota or league triple a.

I know about big picture mode and don't care. Most people play at desks with monitors and that was what I was basing my argument on. What the majority of people do.

The power about PC is all about choices: you're not forced to follow one set of standard; you're free to do your own thing.

If you want to game with a controller, by all means do so. If you want to hook up your CPU to a big-screen TV and play from there, by all means do so. If you want to play AAA games or smaller but just as fun indie games, by all means DO SO.

It would be YOUR own fault that you think PC is so "limiting".

Nobody is stopping you from doing those things but yourself

Random Fun Fact: a console is a PC, a PC is not a console
Random Fun Fact 2: a console is a luxury, a PC is generally a neccesity in this day and age. Most everyone would have a PC, not everyone has a console
Random Fun Fact 3: the only difference between the UI for a console game and a PC game is the existence of a cursor, which makes it easier and faster to browse through menus. So, you're being a hypocrite when you say you dislike a game's UI on the PC when they're the exact same design

I never said a PC was limiting. I like the consoles because they are limited and simple. I like achievements and trophys. I like the friends lists and party chat system. I like the way it looks when I boot up the xbox one and ps4.

It's funny because steam literally does all these things. So we're back to the first guy that called you out on your ignorance.
---
- My vision is augmented
#86GoreGamerPosted 7/21/2014 6:28:45 AM
Just a thought: PC's would fine if they had there own simplified OS within Windows OS. The problem is really with the OS, which creates so many bugs. Things like a gaming window constantly minimizing because your virus scanner pops up etc.
#87ClashtonnPosted 7/21/2014 6:55:05 AM
GoreGamer posted...
Just a thought: PC's would fine if they had there own simplified OS within Windows OS. The problem is really with the OS, which creates so many bugs. Things like a gaming window constantly minimizing because your virus scanner pops up etc.

This has literally never happened to me in 20 years of PC gaming.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#88AlexKidd5000Posted 7/21/2014 7:35:17 AM
Well, consoles are crap, gone are the days of just popping a disk in, and playing it. PC has become even easier to manage, and play than consoles. Deal with it.
#89Arcadia__personPosted 7/21/2014 7:41:36 AM
I really don't understand people here. OK, fine, this is the PC board, so people like the PC the best. Totally understandable. What I don't get is why everyone is so angry about it. Yep, consoles exist and people like them. Get over it. >_>

Topics like this only exist to get a rise out of people. If you guys would just calm down a little they wouldn't ever happen.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#90pothocketPosted 7/21/2014 7:54:53 AM
Arcadia__person posted...
I really don't understand people here. OK, fine, this is the PC board, so people like the PC the best. Totally understandable. What I don't get is why everyone is so angry about it. Yep, consoles exist and people like them. Get over it. >_>

Topics like this only exist to get a rise out of people. If you guys would just calm down a little they wouldn't ever happen.

Elitist mentality. It's not enough for people to know that they're getting more out of the gaming hobby than others, everyone else needs to acknowledge it too. God forbid anyone ever implies that consoles might possible do something better than PC because, well because then you have an instant 500 post topic with everyone declaring why that simply isn't true.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif