This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers what tablets do ya prefer Android, Windows 8, or iOS?

#31Enigma149Posted 7/20/2014 5:26:16 PM
akuma634 posted...
I have an ASUS Transformer and it's everything I wanted.

I was under the impression those were Windows tablets.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#32ab2c4Posted 7/20/2014 5:50:00 PM
It is a toss up for me between Ipad and Android. I have an Ipad Air and a Nexus 7 and love them both. I will say though that as for operating systems I do like Android better (I only use Android phones).
#33WyzeGyePosted 7/20/2014 5:56:44 PM
Symbian or bust.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#34hitokiri13Posted 7/20/2014 6:50:10 PM
This topics is bad as politics. When I make forums. I don't allow politics and electronic fan wars. lol Even though music fans is bad but Android vs iOS is much worse.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#35Skul_Posted 7/20/2014 7:44:23 PM
I have an Android tablet but i rarely use it.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#36capgamerPosted 7/20/2014 9:20:42 PM
As an owner of a Windows 8 tablet (the Acer Iconia) I would just like to say that if I could do it over, I would have gotten a cheaper ultra-portable laptop instead. It was a waste of money for me.

The touch screen is not a feature I feel is integrates especially well with anything except content consumption. Just get a laptop... they're cheap, they have better battery life... yeah, they aren't as cool, but if you want a tablet just to say you have a tablet get a cheapo android one IMO.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#37h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 7/20/2014 9:53:59 PM
I have an Android phone, my parents have an iPad, and I used to own an iPhone and Android tablet. I've played with Windows phones/tablets, but I don't feel I'm knowledgeable enough on them to comment.

For phones, Android beats iOS now in almost every way. It used to be that iPhones offered a smoother experience, but ever since Jelly Bean, they have been on par, and Android has more freedom.

For tablets, iPad all the way. Android does not have a dedicated tablet OS (iPads do), and it shows. The tablets are bloaty and the apps run terribly on them. iOS on an iPad is consistently fast, smooth, and enjoyable.

It is also my belief that you should use a tablet as a tablet, not a replacement for a laptop. If you are going to do that, get something like a Surface Pro that actually has a full desktop OS, as you will have way more functionality.
---
'My rig is so powerful it doesn't render individual pixels, just one continuous image of astonishing detail. The P in 1440p stands for peasant.' -KingDFizzle
#38Death_BornPosted 7/20/2014 9:56:28 PM
iOS - because laptops are superior to any android tablet. Even despite my hatred of iOS 7, Apple tablets are really the only tablets that aren't a complete gimmick.
#39Lemur_HPosted 7/20/2014 10:29:06 PM
Enigma149 posted...
**EDIT**
I should add that I really like how the iPad uses a 4:3 aspect ratio and the SP3 a 3:2 one, both of which seem perfect for tablets. For some reason, android tablets all seem to have 16:10 (or, worse yet, 16:9) aspect ratios. These may be nice for TVs and computer screens, but can be very unwieldy in a tablet, being too wide in landscape and too narrow in portrait. I have seen android tablets with 4:3 screens, but they were all the dirt-cheap $100 tablets that aren't even worth looking at.

YES! I'm not alone.

F*** widescreen tablets. Awkward to use in both landscape and portrait.

Owned Android tablets. Using an iPad now. Was not a fan of the widescreen displays.
#40-5xad0w-Posted 7/20/2014 10:34:41 PM
iOS.

Mostly since I own so much s*** from iTunes now that it would be hard to swap over.

I do own a Shield which runs Android, so I'm buying stuff on the Google store now too anyway.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven