This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone use a Dualshock 4 while playing Titanfall? If so, please let me know...

#1delt31Posted 7/19/2014 9:06:10 PM
if you're having controller issues whereby the controller seems to be moving on it's own. I am using DS4 windows (or the popular PS4 to PC drivers) and no issues any other game but titanfall the controller will move by itself or be delayed. I have drift control on high and when I play with my xbox controller it's fine....

anyone have success with it and if so what are you using? I'm playing wireless btw
---
COD Vita - Bad but not THAT bad. The Last of Us - Good but not THAT good.
#2BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 9:14:35 PM(edited)
have you tried changing the sensitivity on your sticks? in the DS4 to pc program you can calibrate i think. I use it myself, but I don't play titanfall.

Also make sure you click Hide DS4 controller in the options after launching. Some games dont work well identifying it as a ds4.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#3delt31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:16:44 PM
so I don't have that checked but when I try, it basically turns my ps4 controller off (or loses the signal). When you say check it before launching, can you explain more detail? Should i power on the ps4 controller then check it and then launch titanfall? again when I check it the DS4 usually goes off.
---
#4BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 9:25:31 PM(edited)
I launch the software right after i hook up the controller Prior to launching any game, i'm wired though.

I toggle hide ds4 option but i make sure the controller is listed at the top and blue tabbed meaning selected. This has worked for like 95% of my games. A small few may need for hide to not be toggled.

I don't calibrate every time, just saying it might fix the issue.
---
#5Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 9:29:14 PM
So you are using the app with that ScpServer thing?
#6BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 9:31:04 PM
Garage_Man posted...
So you are using the app with that ScpServer thing?

I am, I assume he is. As for Hide ds4 controller toggle, it's not actually deselecting it, that is what the top option is for. Selecting hide prevents games from searching for controller connections, even with 360 drivers games still reach out to identify your controller.
---
#7Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 9:38:43 PM(edited)
I don't actually know the technical side of it tbh. I made a shortcut to my desktop. I start the app, connect the DS4 and game away.

I haven't ever calibrated it or messed with any settings OTHER than setting the 360 as my preferred controller.

Hang on could this have anything to do with why some games like RE4 detect both the normal driver and the 360 driver? It will take the input from BOTH and feed it into the game, it just doesn't work.
#8BiglabronPosted 7/19/2014 10:20:32 PM(edited)
i also disable my HID controller, it always causes me trouble when connecting a usb controller. This one is up to each persons discretion, not everyone has issues. I just leave it disabled perma.

I can only assume one of the things I mentioned fixed it since he hasn't returned.
---
#9Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 10:36:29 PM
Yea...disable the controller...I totally thought of that.

Thanks. You solved 2 people's problems haha.
#10delt31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 1:29:43 PM
Checking hide fixed it thanks
---