This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are You Going To Purchase Assassin's Creed Unity On The PC?

#41RaikouenPosted 7/20/2014 6:25:43 AM
On PS4.

Character movement-heavy games id prefer to play with controller. Since I don't want to go through the trouble of attempting to get my DS3 or DS4 to work, and don't have a wired 360 controller, these games will be bought and played on console.
#42Clutch_TheoryPosted 7/20/2014 6:34:00 AM
Mackorov posted...
Clutch_Theory posted...
-Uplay
-Recycled game mechanics
-Horrible Optimization
-Most likely going to be downgraded to appease console kiddies

Not in a million years.

- offline mode
- wrong
- wrong
- wrong

When was the last time you played a Ubisoft game I wonder?

-You have to log on to Uplay to activiate the product and servers are down 70 % of the time
-Lol @ Assasin's Creed having no recycled mechanics. Edward has the same exact walking and running animation as Connor. 95 % of the stealth and combat were rehashed in 4, only different thing was gunplay.
-A 780ti can't get 60 FPS at 1080p on AC4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M45n5xjRUlQ
That card should be able to max the game out, just like it should be able to max Watch_Dogs, another horribly optimized game.
-FC4 supposedly equal between consoles and PC. Watch_Dogs debacle. The Division literally downgraded a week after the E3 demo. Lol if you think anything in that trailer is going to appear in the finished product on consoles or PC.
#43unknowninfo775Posted 7/20/2014 6:46:36 AM
Probably not, I'll be waiting till I get a PS4 some time in the distant future. Assassin creed games have largely become less than stellar for me, they used to be a Pre-order ultimate collectors edition day 1 purchase, but I've yet to even finish Black flag.

I'm still super salty that they cancelled my AC3 freedom edition pre-order because they "Ran out of stock".
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#44KidInTheHallPosted 7/20/2014 6:47:41 AM
Probably not. I still have barely played Black Flag.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#45harcoreblazerPosted 7/20/2014 6:50:09 AM
Is this going to be like the "Buy it, Rent it or F*** it" from the PS3 board?
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#46Sora_AnbuPosted 7/20/2014 6:51:13 AM
Mackorov posted...
Clutch_Theory posted...
-Uplay
-Recycled game mechanics
-Horrible Optimization
-Most likely going to be downgraded to appease console kiddies

Not in a million years.

- offline mode
- wrong
- wrong
- wrong

When was the last time you played a Ubisoft game I wonder?

You've obviously never played an Ubisoft game on PC.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#47SilentHawk29Posted 7/20/2014 7:43:59 AM
Clutch_Theory posted...
-You have to log on to Uplay to activiate the product and servers are down 70 % of the time

Rarely. I've never had this issue when playing an Uplay game. This was what? Only on the release of Watch Dogs? And even then, it's a one time activation.

As for optimization, I believe Unity will be optimized better than their latest games as it will be designed around just the new consoles and PCs, so there won't be optimization issues due to the previous generation consoles.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#48JinchusePosted 7/20/2014 7:49:31 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Rarely. I've never had this issue when playing an Uplay game. This was what? Only on the release of Watch Dogs? And even then, it's a one time activation.

All Steam games that have Uplay require you to activate them on your Uplay account before you can play. I've had to activate AC4, Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, and Far Cry 3. They all have it as far as I know.

SilentHawk29 posted...
As for optimization, I believe Unity will be optimized better than their latest games as it will be designed around just the new consoles and PCs, so there won't be optimization issues due to the previous generation consoles.

Doubtful since Ubisoft has said something in the past along the lines of "if the game doesn't run good just buy better hardware" basically telling PC gamers that werent satisfied with performance to screw off.
#49SilentHawk29Posted 7/20/2014 7:53:25 AM
Jinchuse posted...
All Steam games that have Uplay require you to activate them on your Uplay account before you can play. I've had to activate AC4, Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, and Far Cry 3. They all have it as far as I know.

I know that. I said as much, lol.

Doubtful since Ubisoft has said something in the past along the lines of "if the game doesn't run good just buy better hardware" basically telling PC gamers that werent satisfied with performance to screw off.

The problem before was that they were basically porting the console games to the PC instead of the other way around which is why there were always optimization issues, crashes, and so on. This time, the architecture is so similar that I don't think it'll be an issue. If it runs garbage on PC, it'll probably run garbage on consoles as well.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#50LoshadtPosted 7/20/2014 7:56:50 AM
Ubisoft is a trash company, Assassins Creed is an overly milked franchise, Uplay is a cancerous tumor, and did I mention Ubisoft is garbage? I won't be buying Ubisoft games until they pull a U-turn.
---
Scientifically proven.