This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are You Going To Purchase Assassin's Creed Unity On The PC?

#51RaikouenPosted 7/20/2014 9:12:38 AM
I agree with SilentHawk about something.

I wouldn't blame Ubi or consoles in general for poor optimization, but rather the fact that they have had essentially three styles to run in their recent games: one for 7th gen consoles (which are much different structures than PC/8th gen), one for 8th gen (essentially just slightly different coding from PC), and PC. They wanted to ensure the 7th gen had the best experience possible, so next gen/PC versions of games like AC4 and Watch Dogs suffered for it. Unity is 8th gen/PC only so they won't have to worry and can now optimize it for two very similar builds.
#52GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 9:27:40 AM
3 was underwhelming at best. Might pick up 4 when it's cheap. Might pick up this when it's cheap. That's about it.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#53SleepComaPosted 7/20/2014 9:30:36 AM
A hell No.
---
http://gfycat.com/FoolishThinIslandwhistler
#54RaikouenPosted 7/20/2014 9:35:27 AM
Goldninja posted...
3 was underwhelming at best. Might pick up 4 when it's cheap. Might pick up this when it's cheap. That's about it.

3 was the worst in the series, easily. Not overly a bad game, just not great.

4 is a much better game, just as good as AC2 in my opinion. It still hasn't done assassins right (and don't listen to a word of how you play as an assassin-trained pirate, that's a load of crap), but they did pirates very well. Well worth the $20 price tag it's at now (I'm not sure if Steam or whatever has it at that, but I do know that GStop has the disc version for $20).
#55godplaysSNESPosted 7/20/2014 9:46:40 AM
Perhaps it's just the Uplay shop for my country being wonky, but the search feature is absolutely terrible. I can't ever find the "standard edition", just the insanely overpriced special editions.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#56pitt12177Posted 7/20/2014 9:48:32 AM
Problem with UPlay is AC4 had major issues with deleting saves. People lost tens and hundreds of hours of gameplay because of Uplay synx issues. Scrap it and let us just play on Steam.
#57GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 9:52:36 AM
pitt12177 posted...
Problem with UPlay is AC4 had major issues with deleting saves. People lost tens and hundreds of hours of gameplay because of Uplay synx issues. Scrap it and let us just play on Steam.

The problem with any client is that they handle saves. Backing up the save to the cloud is a nice idea. Other than that, leave it alone. Leave it in My Documents where it belongs. Don't separate offline and online profile saves. Stop screwing with it. GFWL was horrible in that regard and apparently, so is UPlay.
---
#58GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 9:59:02 AM(edited)
Raikouen posted...
Goldninja posted...

3 was the worst in the series, easily. Not overly a bad game, just not great.

4 is a much better game, just as good as AC2 in my opinion. It still hasn't done assassins right (and don't listen to a word of how you play as an assassin-trained pirate, that's a load of crap), but they did pirates very well. Well worth the $20 price tag it's at now (I'm not sure if Steam or whatever has it at that, but I do know that GStop has the disc version for $20).

Just as good at 2, eh? I enjoyed 2 quite a bit. Brotherhood was enjoyable, but not as much. Revelations was meh. 3 was just bleh. Maybe I'll snag it during a sale.

EDIT: It's pretty bad when the character you play in the beginning of 3 for 3 or so hours is a 10x better and more interesting character than the main protagonist, who was an utter bore (and kind of a d***).
---
#59Madmax1985Posted 7/20/2014 10:02:05 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
leon_trunks posted...
The pc master race is the most cynical and glummest group of gamers on the planet.

It's called having standards, taste, and options. You should look into it, it's nice not shovelling garbage.

No what you have is a stick up your ass, You don't have any of those.... Only normal gamers have those.

You go above and beyond "Taste" And "Options". You take it to an extreme and make yourself look like giant dbag in the process.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#60Pal 080Posted 7/20/2014 10:11:32 AM(edited)
Madmax1985 posted...
No what you have is a stick up your ass, You don't have any of those.... Only normal gamers have those.

You go above and beyond "Taste" And "Options". You take it to an extreme and make yourself look like giant dbag in the process.

Eh, better to just ignore such users. I don't put anyone on my actual ignore list, because censorship is lame, but there are a few people who frequent these boards who aren't worth acknowledging, and you're speaking of one of them.

It's one thing to have unpopular opinions, but another when they're intentionally abrasive and arrogant :)
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"