This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are You Going To Purchase Assassin's Creed Unity On The PC?

#71desertmanPosted 7/20/2014 2:15:09 PM
TheMoonJumper posted...
Doolz2024 posted...
It's a Ubisoft game and it requires Uplay. Any game that fits this criteria is not being purchased and installed on my PC.

I've literally never had an issue with Uplay. Please explain why this would keep you from buying a game..

I don't want to make another account just to play a game.
---
about:robots
about:mozilla
#72DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/20/2014 2:17:30 PM
desertman posted...
TheMoonJumper posted...
Doolz2024 posted...
It's a Ubisoft game and it requires Uplay. Any game that fits this criteria is not being purchased and installed on my PC.

I've literally never had an issue with Uplay. Please explain why this would keep you from buying a game..

I don't want to make another account just to play a game.

So you've never bought a new console to continue playing a game in a series? It's really not a big deal to set up a new account with uplay. 2 minutes of time versus the possible enjoyment from the game you are interested in... seems either you don't care about any of the games at all, or are just being stubborn for no real reason.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#73RaikouenPosted 7/20/2014 9:03:20 PM
Goldninja posted...
Raikouen posted...
Goldninja posted...
3 was underwhelming at best. Might pick up 4 when it's cheap. Might pick up this when it's cheap. That's about it.

3 was the worst in the series, easily. Not overly a bad game, just not great.

4 is a much better game, just as good as AC2 in my opinion. It still hasn't done assassins right (and don't listen to a word of how you play as an assassin-trained pirate, that's a load of crap), but they did pirates very well. Well worth the $20 price tag it's at now (I'm not sure if Steam or whatever has it at that, but I do know that GStop has the disc version for $20).

Just as good at 2, eh? I enjoyed 2 quite a bit. Brotherhood was enjoyable, but not as much. Revelations was meh. 3 was just bleh. Maybe I'll snag it during a sale.

EDIT: It's pretty bad when the character you play in the beginning of 3 for 3 or so hours is a 10x better and more interesting character than the main protagonist, who was an utter bore (and kind of a d***).

I agree, Haytham was a much better character than Connor hoped to be. Still preferred Ezio, Altair, and now Edward to both.

And yeah, my only gripe with Brotherhood, really, was the story took too long to get interesting and they introcduced the "full synchronization" objectives, which I still think is a bad idea. Revelations IMO had an even worse story and I despised the tower defense segments, but I feel that 3 was still the worst in the series.

Then again, I also feel the original was the best because you had to plan your assassinations and thus, it felt like an assassin game.
#74TimePharaohPosted 7/20/2014 9:18:01 PM
Madmax1985 posted...
Pal 080 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
No what you have is a stick up your ass, You don't have any of those.... Only normal gamers have those.

You go above and beyond "Taste" And "Options". You take it to an extreme and make yourself look like giant dbag in the process.

Eh, better to just ignore such users. I don't put anyone on my actual ignore list, because censorship is lame, but there are a few people who frequent these boards who aren't worth acknowledging, and you're speaking of one of them.

It's one thing to have unpopular opinions, but another when they're intentionally abrasive and arrogant :)

The funny thing is, Is that i absolutely ADORE pc gaming. Would i be caught trying to go console vanilla again? Nope. But that guy just makes the entire pc gaming scene seem so overzealous when there is no need for it.

It's a gaming hobby and preference. Nothing more and nothing less.

Guy gets mad, still agrees with me.

10/10
#75unknowninfo775Posted 7/21/2014 3:45:30 AM
Raikouen posted...

I agree, Haytham was a much better character than Connor hoped to be. Still preferred Ezio, Altair, and now Edward to both.

And yeah, my only gripe with Brotherhood, really, was the story took too long to get interesting and they introcduced the "full synchronization" objectives, which I still think is a bad idea. Revelations IMO had an even worse story and I despised the tower defense segments, but I feel that 3 was still the worst in the series.

Then again, I also feel the original was the best because you had to plan your assassinations and thus, it felt like an assassin game.

I have to agree with you there, I absolutely love 1 and altair. I feel like we had ezio shoved down our throats for too long and was happy when his story ended.

In case you didn't know revelations was initially meant to be a 3DS release but they pushed it to consoles. Hence why it's so terrible.
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#76iBlackice25Posted 7/21/2014 3:56:43 AM
Nope, im done with Assassin's Creed.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#77AlavardPosted 7/21/2014 5:51:26 AM
Yes, but not at release. There's far too much coming out this fall and I don't consider Assassin's Creed to be my priority.
---
Too much idiot, not enough savant.
#78JohnMafiaPosted 7/21/2014 6:04:20 AM
leon_trunks posted...
The pc master race is the most cynical and glummest group of gamers on the planet.

I swear, there are so many people on this board who take pride in the number of games they hate and look down on people for actually enjoying more games. Who exactly is winning if Person A enjoys an AC game and has an enjoyable 15-20 hour experience with it, while Person B just goes to a messageboard and writes an essay knocking it. Sure, you can tell yourself that its your "standards and options" that makes you not like it, but who exactly is winning? One guy gets to enjoy a wider range of games and is happier for playing them, while the other guy hates everything.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif
#79LordKillingtonPosted 7/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
I've played the rest on PC and have always enjoyed them (even Revelations, though that gamw was more like a 6 or 7 for me while the others rate higher). So yeah, I'll continue playing the series on PC.
#80EpicKingdom_Posted 7/22/2014 3:08:06 PM
I'm sick of Ubisoft games on PC. Never again.