This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List your TOP 5 RPGs released in the last 10 years

#41samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 1:42:49 PM(edited)
ChromaticAngel posted...
JJH777 posted...
All the good RPGs came out over 10 years ago... Seriously I think that excludes like my top 20 RPGs if not more. Let's see for the last 10 years:

Persona 4
SMT IV
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Dragon Quest 9
Dragon Quest 8 makes it by a few months

Oh wow I missed Xenoblade and that's actually the only rpg released in the last 10 years that is actually a top 5 RPG for me.

>posts most weaboo s*** list ever
>BEST RPGS OF ALL TIME GUYS

could be worse. nobody picked FF13 yet
#42pwnater777Posted 7/20/2014 1:44:43 PM
1. Fallout 3
2. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
3. Mass Effect (1)
4. NEO Scavenger
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Morrowind is only 2 years ineligible... damn. It's by far the best Elder Scrolls, and IMO beats Skyrim by miles.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#43unknowninfo775Posted 7/20/2014 1:59:28 PM
FLAWLESSCROWNS posted...
1. Divinity: Original Sin - easily the greatest game of all time (not debatable).
2. FF7 - don't care when it was released because it transcends time.
3. Dragonage 2 - improved upon the first dramatically
4. Mass Effect 3 - like DA2 but in space. Best ending in gaming since Halo 2
5. Skyrim - took all the annoying stats out of it. Removed useless things like athleticism and flying and custom spells. Revolutionized first persons sword fighting like no other game before it. Still in gamefaqs top 10 so you know it's good.

Are you currently or where you when playing those games extremely drunk? FF7 is easily the most overrated game in history. Mass effect 3 was complete and utter trash. I actually feel offended that Bioware claim it as part of a great series, and if they hadn't all been getting bummed by satan during the development it could of made the best trilogy to date.
DA2, was, just...Leave. Please.
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#44MahoganyTooth92Posted 7/20/2014 2:04:01 PM(edited)
None of my favorite RPGs have been released on PC, and most of them are more than 10 years old...

Besides, I have the feeling this topic refers to WRPGs, and not JRPGs, so....eh....I'll refrain from answering.

Oh, but since TC was happy that nobody said FF13 yet, I just have to say that I loved the game.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#45ChromaticAngelPosted 7/20/2014 2:02:50 PM
unknowninfo775 posted...
FLAWLESSCROWNS posted...
1. Divinity: Original Sin - easily the greatest game of all time (not debatable).
5. Skyrim - took all the annoying stats out of it. Removed useless things like athleticism and flying and custom spells. Revolutionized first persons sword fighting like no other game before it. Still in gamefaqs top 10 so you know it's good.

Are you currently or where you when playing those games extremely drunk? FF7 is easily the most overrated game in history. Mass effect 3 was complete and utter trash. I actually feel offended that Bioware claim it as part of a great series, and if they hadn't all been getting bummed by satan during the development it could of made the best trilogy to date.

http://puu.sh/ajWqQ/916406ab6f.gif
---
RPG Spotlight: Divinity: Original Sin http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/W5VSkrTC
#46unknowninfo775Posted 7/20/2014 2:11:50 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
unknowninfo775 posted...
FLAWLESSCROWNS posted...

http://puu.sh/ajWqQ/916406ab6f.gif

I got the joke, but on the off chance it was serious, needed to be said.
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#47jessica73Posted 7/20/2014 2:39:25 PM(edited)
pwnater777 posted...
1. Fallout 3
2. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
3. Mass Effect (1)
4. NEO Scavenger
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Morrowind is only 2 years ineligible... damn. It's by far the best Elder Scrolls, and IMO beats Skyrim by miles.

NEOScavenger, didn't expect to see it, lol. But it is amazing, been playing it since before steam release, and can't wait to see it have more big updates(who knew carts and cannibalism would be as great as they are ;_;)

Man, warband and Xenoblade were great too. And DQ9. Damn, Sith Lords too! It's been a good ten years...

samuraigaiden posted...
jessica73 posted...
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

great choice, didn't realize it was released in 2004

Haha, yep, glad it just makes the cutoff!
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#48NingishzidaPosted 7/20/2014 2:47:00 PM
Gothic 3
Vamp Bloodlines
Warband
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer/Storm of Zehir/Mysteries of Westgate
Dragon Age: Origins
#49SuigintouEVPosted 7/20/2014 3:19:12 PM(edited)
July 2004 to July 2014

1) Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
2) Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
3) Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
4) Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)
5) Disgaea 4 (PS3)

Although... I dunno, Mother 3, Baten Kaitos (Gamecube), The Witcher 2 (PC), Paper Mario Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), The Last Story (Wii), Demon's Souls (PS3), Xenoblade (Wii), Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (Wii U), Ar Tonelico (PS2), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Folklore (PS3). Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ys: Memories of Celceta(Vita), Ys: Oath in Felghana (PSP), Disgaea (PSP), Disgaea 3(PS3), Eternal Sonata (PS3), Radiant Historia (DS), Infinite Space (DS), The World Ends with You (DS), Soma Bringer (DS), were all worthwhile to play and I still have yet to play a bunch of interesting-looking RPGs from the last decade...Neverwinter Nights 2 / MotB, Divinity: Original Sin, Ar Tonelico 2, Persona 3, Dark Souls / 2, Devil Survivor 2, and Tales of Rebirth.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#50SuigintouEVPosted 7/20/2014 3:15:23 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
>posts most weaboo s*** list ever
>BEST RPGS OF ALL TIME GUYS

Maybe, just maybe, good games can be made outside of America.

I know, I know, it's a mindblowing concept that needs to be replaced by xenophobia.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II