This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do elitists hate on the idea of a Gaming Tablet?

#11reincarnator07Posted 7/20/2014 7:50:20 AM
The controls on a tablet suck. You also make compromises due to the form factor. I could plug in a controller or a keyboard, but then I may as well just get a gaming laptop.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#12NemerlightPosted 7/20/2014 8:01:09 AM
It needs more games. Its nice to have KOTOR, Xcom or Baldurs Gate but its not enough.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/20/2014 8:39:35 AM
Wait, so having a smaller form factor with no functional cooling solution means something is less prone to overheating than if it has a proper heatsink and fan?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#14GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 8:46:51 AM(edited)
The idea of a gaming tablet is nice, but the current execution leaves a lot to be desired. If I have to game on the go, give me a laptop any day over a tablet. Tablets as they are right now are basically just media devices that are good for internet, videos, music, and light mobile gaming. 3GHz octo core processors with beefy tablet GPUs are going to drain battery fast and really, if you're that hardcore, you may as well go the extra step and get a laptop.

Not to mention that game releases for android are severely limited thanks to fragmentation, and the ones that do come out tend to come out months after the iOS release.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#15ChickenAndJuicePosted 7/20/2014 8:55:14 AM
The idea of gaming on both a laptop and a tablet is laughable. And there is no such thing as a gaming laptop, so i have no idea why the hell people keep mentioning them. They aren't a thing

PC gaming stays on a Desktop. End of story.
#16TehPwnzererPosted 7/20/2014 8:56:55 AM
Don't take it personally. Elitists hate the idea of everything.
#17GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 9:03:30 AM
ChickenAndJuice posted...
The idea of gaming on both a laptop and a tablet is laughable. And there is no such thing as a gaming laptop, so i have no idea why the hell people keep mentioning them. They aren't a thing

PC gaming stays on a Desktop. End of story.

Some laptops, much like desktops, are better suited toward gaming than others. You sound rather uninformed, to put it nicely.
---
#18ChickenAndJuicePosted 7/20/2014 9:04:41 AM
No laptops are "better suited" towards gaming. You must be new here
#19GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 9:08:08 AM

You're trolling, or you're yakking about something you have absolutely no experience with. Either way makes you look foolish.
---
#20Clutch_TheoryPosted 7/20/2014 9:09:22 AM
Goldninja posted...

You're trolling, or you're yakking about something you have absolutely no experience with. Either way makes you look foolish.

Ignore that idiot. He's obviously using a troll account to make inflammatory posts in order to satisfy his need for attention.