This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do elitists hate on the idea of a Gaming Tablet?

#21TwyliteSprinklePosted 7/20/2014 10:12:56 AM(edited)
No enough buttons obviously, if tablets are at all suited towards gaming it would be something like the WiiU tablet which actually has a standard amount of buttons.

There is no such thing as a gaming tablet if all you can do is use a touch screen,

But PC users or even console users have nothing to worry about as far as this casual crap goes. The only market tablets are stealing sales from is sadly the 3DS and lolvita.
Sad is the day where I see more kids in my restaurant playing stupid apple tablets instead of Nintendo portables.
---
TwilightSprinkle<3
http://tinyurl.com/opo43rh
#22ChromaticAngelPosted 7/20/2014 10:12:25 AM
Goldninja posted...
ChickenAndJuice posted...
No laptops are "better suited" towards gaming. You must be new here

You're trolling, or you're yakking about something you have absolutely no experience with. Either way makes you look foolish.

even if I bought the most bad ass gaming laptop being sold through retail at the moment, the desktop PC I already have that cost less is better.
---
RPG Spotlight: Avadon: The Black Fortress http://www.gog.com/game/avadon_the_black_fortress
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/VF4bj8F6
#23GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 10:14:24 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Goldninja posted...

You're trolling, or you're yakking about something you have absolutely no experience with. Either way makes you look foolish.

even if I bought the most bad ass gaming laptop being sold through retail at the moment, the desktop PC I already have that cost less is better.

Um... yeah? Desktops are better for gaming. Yeah, that's pretty much common knowledge. We're talking mobile here.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#24KingKoboPosted 7/20/2014 10:20:40 AM
Goldninja posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Goldninja posted...

Um... yeah? Desktops are better for gaming. Yeah, that's pretty much common knowledge. We're talking mobile here.

True "mobile" PC gaming doesn't exist since you're going to have to plug your device in after an hour anyway. Most people would rather have a desktop at that point rather than a tablet or laptop.
#25ThatOneGuysHairPosted 7/20/2014 10:24:11 AM
tablets are still too bulky, ever fit a tablet into your pocket?

the true new hotness is gaming phones. portable, internet wherever you go, and has built in friends lists! the future is the GAMING PHONE, for sure

why do you guys hate progress?
#26GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 10:25:36 AM
KingKobo posted...
Goldninja posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
Goldninja posted...

True "mobile" PC gaming doesn't exist since you're going to have to plug your device in after an hour anyway. Most people would rather have a desktop at that point rather than a tablet or laptop.

*facedesk*

"Desktop gaming is better than mobile gaming." Again, common knowledge. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Not everyone likes to lug a heavy desktop around and some like to play on the go. Not everyone is such a graphics whore that they need to play on ultra at all times, and, so, sacrifice graphics for mobility.

Anyway...
---
#27ChickenAndJuicePosted 7/20/2014 10:28:03 AM

You're either acting intentionally dense, or you have no idea what you are talking about and not a lick of common sense . Either way it just makes it look ignorant and misinformed.

Laptops aren't "better" suited for gaming under any circumstance, nor are they suited for gaming at all . They are bulky, overpriced. You can't bring them on a train, bus, car and expect to play games on them . In order to have even a slight chance of acceptable performance, you need to have a power outlet near you. So in other words, that portability is vastly dependent on the location you are in. They have heating issues(requiring that you need to buy a cooling pad, which still doesn't solve them) . They aren't upgradable. Their processors are weaker and more overpriced compared to their desktop counterpart. Playing FPS games are a big nono, when considering that the heat makes it a big pain in the ass and KB+M is superior. Having a heated keyboard destroys that superior control aspect You can't overclock them without having even more issues.

There is no such thing as a gaming laptop. In order for there to be a gaming laptop, it has to exist. It doesn't exist. Companies claim gaming laptops as a way of false advertising, when in reality you're just dealing with mediocre, garbage performance
#28GoldninjaPosted 7/20/2014 10:30:58 AM(edited)

You're either acting intentionally dense, or you have no idea what you are talking about and not a lick of common sense . Either way it just makes it look ignorant and misinformed.

Laptops aren't "better" suited for gaming under any circumstance, nor are they suited for gaming at all . They are bulky, overpriced. You can't bring them on a train, bus, car and expect to play games on them . In order to have even a slight chance of acceptable performance, you need to have a power outlet near you. So in other words, that portability is vastly dependent on the location you are in. They have heating issues(requiring that you need to buy a cooling pad, which still doesn't solve them) . They aren't upgradable. Their processors are weaker and more overpriced compared to their desktop counterpart. Playing FPS games are a big nono, when considering that the heat makes it a big pain in the ass and KB+M is superior. Having a heated keyboard destroys that superior control aspect You can't overclock them without having even more issues.

There is no such thing as a gaming laptop. In order for there to be a gaming laptop, it has to exist. It doesn't exist. Companies claim gaming laptops as a way of false advertising, when in reality you're just dealing with mediocre, garbage performance

Some are suited more toward gaming than other laptops. Did I need to spell that out for you in the other post? This is getting boring. In fact, I'm through feeding you.
---
#29ChickenAndJuicePosted 7/20/2014 10:31:38 AM
Not everyone likes to lug a heavy desktop around and some like to play on the go

As opposed to lugging around a bulky laptop and needing a power outlet to effectively game , while also dealing with the common issues that laptops have? That's your apparent alternative?

LOL
#30CardigansFanPosted 7/20/2014 10:34:23 AM
Not everyone likes to lug a heavy desktop around and some like to play on the go

As opposed to lugging around a bulky laptop and needing a power outlet to effectively game , while also dealing with the common issues that laptops have? That's your apparent alternative?

LOL

Hint: there are jobs that require frequent hotel stays, possibly with lots of downtime. I'm pretty sure anyone will agree that a laptop and charger is going to be easier to pack and setup than a desktop.
---
'93 Saturn SL2 * Xperia Z1 Compact * NX300
Clevo W230SS 3200x1800 | i7-4700MQ | GTX860M | 16GB RAM | 480GB mSATA